Winter projects

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 03:57 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Winter projects

Howdy,

I just got done rapping up the bike and getting all the little projects that I had going this winter finished.
1. New rear fender
2. New tail light
3. New led turn signals
4. New 2 bros header
5. New to me (from KLXer) ebc 320 rotor

I sthill havent installed the braided front brake line (from KLXer)
this summer I will have the 351 kit to install and will be finished for a while. Here are some pictures.

Have a good one,

Dan

Attached Thumbnails Winter projects-100_3973.jpg   Winter projects-100_3974.jpg   Winter projects-100_3975.jpg   Winter projects-100_3976.jpg   Winter projects-100_3977.jpg  

Old 04-04-2010, 07:52 AM
1st Gear Member

NICE,,
If I was to buy the side plastics for an 06,07 and the seat that you have, with my acerbis tank fitted on my 09, would they all bolt on?

Old 04-04-2010, 08:19 AM
1st Gear Member

I really don't know. I am not sure 07 plastics will fit 09 and 10

Dan

Old 04-04-2010, 12:48 PM
1st Gear Member

Bike looks great!! All looks good, but my fav's are the front rotor, and the rear fender. Is that a KLX 300 fender with a cut down sub-frame underneath? I'm interested in doing that mod, but I haven't gathered all the info from on here yet. Any pics from during the process?
Looks like your all ready for spring. !!!!
Dan

Old 04-05-2010, 12:07 AM
1st Gear Member

What mirrors are those?

Old 04-05-2010, 04:22 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dan888
Is that a KLX 300 fender with a cut down sub-frame underneath? I'm interested in doing that mod, but I haven't gathered all the info from on here yet. Any pics from during the process?
im wondering the same. i almost poped for a black front and rear fender for like 40 bucks, but decided to hold off. wonder if i would be the first 09 with a diffrent rear fender?

Originally Posted by redpillar
NICE,,
If I was to buy the side plastics for an 06,07 and the seat that you have, with my acerbis tank fitted on my 09, would they all bolt on?
06-07 wont fit an 09, i know it sucks, i wanted to do the same.

all together, good job, bike looks and i bet runs great. let us know how you like the 320 rotor and lines, im thinking of doing the same (maybe a smaller sized rotor though like a 280, thats what the sx guys use)

edit: the mirrors look like dual stars to me, can find those anymore, i would love to find some.

Last edited by punkenduro09; 04-05-2010 at 04:24 AM.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:43 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by punkenduro09
im wondering the same. i almost poped for a black front and rear fender for like 40 bucks, but decided to hold off. wonder if i would be the first 09 with a diffrent rear fender?

06-07 wont fit an 09, i know it sucks, i wanted to do the same.

all together, good job, bike looks and i bet runs great. let us know how you like the 320 rotor and lines, im thinking of doing the same (maybe a smaller sized rotor though like a 280, thats what the sx guys use)

edit: the mirrors look like dual stars to me, can find those anymore, i would love to find some.
Man that sucks...Maybe I can come up on some in japan hey punker love the Fiend Skull...I will be in cali soon we will have to ride...Just hope I can get the 250SB street legal when I bring her back

Old 04-05-2010, 04:57 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dan888
Bike looks great!! All looks good, but my fav's are the front rotor, and the rear fender. Is that a KLX 300 fender with a cut down sub-frame underneath? I'm interested in doing that mod, but I haven't gathered all the info from on here yet. Any pics from during the process?
Looks like your all ready for spring. !!!!
Dan

Dan,

I don't have any pictures of the rear mod, but the fender is a cut down
CYCRA Power Flow rear for a KX250f 06 model. I will be pulling it apart in a couple of weeks to better clean up my wiring. I will snap some pics then. front fender is a CYCRA super motard. I did trim the sub frame right where the stock fender had inside bolts conecting to the frame. I used s cut off wheel so I could weld it back on if needed.. I will snap a pic of that section for you also

Thanks,

Dan

Old 04-05-2010, 05:01 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Mirrors

Originally Posted by EL Brandon
What mirrors are those?

Howdy,

They are a cheap set I picked up on ebay. Bar end type that I re did the mounting. They are both convex lens and work ok , kida hard to see from where they are at but I got used to it. Lol

Thanks,

Dan

Old 04-05-2010, 06:01 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by EL Brandon
hey punker love the Fiend Skull...I will be in cali soon we will have to ride...Just hope I can get the 250SB street legal when I bring her back
where you going to where. shouldnt be a problem if your in the u.s. (doesnt seam like it though, so good luck, i know cars from japan take a lot of paper work). where will you be at in the cali, im always down to ride. fiend skull was my first tattoo and also the only sticker on the bike, it fit the back fender perfict, ill have to snap a pic tomarrow.

Quick Reply: Winter projects