Old 04-06-2008, 05:26 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Windshield Mod Report

Divodave bought Chris's bike.

Old 04-06-2008, 07:13 AM
1st Gear Member

Well there goes that theory. I wonder if thebikecoughed and sputtered after seeing so much dirt for the first time.Since Divodave spends halfof his rides in the air, Iguess it's all good though

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

Divodave bought Chris's bike.

Old 04-06-2008, 11:52 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

Guys should check out Cee Baileys (aircraft stuff) got my h/lite protector there, they make a sheild for the 650, maybe get a group buy deal going, sure they wouldn't mind the business.

Old 04-06-2008, 03:16 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I would love to get a small window, sometimes when I'm doing 60 down the highway, I take my hand and put it up in front of me, and I can't believe how much the wind is blocked, just by my hand. In fact it is so noticable that it causes me to lean forward a little. My Yamaha 750 had a windshield and it was really great. I think Silver Otter had a smaller windshield that looked cool.

Old 04-06-2008, 04:03 PM
1st Gear Member

I've found that after a couple of hours of highway riding on the KLX, my back and neck start to ache from pushing against the wind. I've been thinking a nice little windshield would help that.

Old 04-06-2008, 06:05 PM
1st Gear Member

249CCsofFury, what kind of shield is that on Your bike? Is that the national cycle dx shield?

Old 04-06-2008, 10:02 PM
1st Gear Member

full face helmet anyone? i love mine on the cold nights, or if i know i'll be on the highway... just another idea for you wind worries

Old 04-06-2008, 10:59 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pie4foou

full face helmet anyone? i love mine on the cold nights, or if i know i'll be on the highway... just another idea for you wind worries
Ya, got a FF helmet, balaclava, heated vest, waterproof Fieldsheer jacket/pants, etc. Nice 'n toasty! I'm just thinking about a windshield to take the wind pressure off my neck and back on those long highway rides.

Old 04-07-2008, 04:54 AM
1st Gear Member

Whatbrand and make of heated vest do you own? I think I'm going try the Tourmaster Synergy. It hashad very good reviews so far and for about $100.00 with controller and adapters included it's hard to beat the price.

ORIGINAL: HeavyFuel

ORIGINAL: pie4foou

Ya, got a FF helmet, balaclava, heated vest, waterproof Fieldsheer jacket/pants, etc. Nice 'n toasty! I'm just thinking about a windshield to take the wind pressure off my neck and back on those long highway rides.

Old 04-08-2008, 04:27 AM
1st Gear Member

I picked up a Tourmaster Synergy vest a few weeks ago. It's working great, the heat is nice and even, The controller has low medium and high. I think you'd have to be pretty desperate to use the high setting, I'm on low most of the time, only occasionally using medium. The controller uses PWM so it's not wasting extra wattage on low, plus the wiring is extremely simple, just attach to the battery and route the wires along the frame under the seat, they'll poke out in the vicinity of your right inner thigh. My biggest complaint is if I forget I'm plugged in and stand up on the pegs, it comes unplugged. I was thinking of grafting on a coiled section of wire from an old electric razor charging cable to gain some leeway for standing. Our batteries are a little further back than most bikes, so the cable is long enough to work, but not enough slack to allow standing up.

Quick Reply: Windshield Mod Report