Windscreen

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 03:23 AM
Location: Colorado Springs...moving to Marysville, CA this summer
Default Windscreen

Does anyone have the windshield from turbocity.com?

I commute 15 miles each way on the bike and it's quite windy...I was wondering if turbocity's windshield is worth the $200 + shipping.

Old 04-29-2011, 04:18 AM

I have the windscreen from turbo city. I like it very much, takes alot of the noise and wind off of your chest and face. I recently modified it to move the air up higher. It was not designed to take the wind over your helmet, so I put a one inch spacer on the top of the bracket, and a 1/4 inch spacer (home depot) on the bottom bracket. This gets the wind up over my visor, by changing the angle of the shield. It is a solid unit, and is made very well.
I may look to get one that is a few inches higher to create a quite zone that a few more inches would afford. I rode 230 miles the past two days, and without the shield I would not have been able to ride(was at 8500'/colorado) in comfort
without it. For me it is the best mod, as I am not a fan of the wind, cold, bugs,
etc.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by hakabert
I have the windscreen from turbo city. I like it very much, takes alot of the noise and wind off of your chest and face. I recently modified it to move the air up higher. It was not designed to take the wind over your helmet, so I put a one inch spacer on the top of the bracket, and a 1/4 inch spacer (home depot) on the bottom bracket. This gets the wind up over my visor, by changing the angle of the shield. It is a solid unit, and is made very well.
I may look to get one that is a few inches higher to create a quite zone that a few more inches would afford. I rode 230 miles the past two days, and without the shield I would not have been able to ride(was at 8500'/colorado) in comfort
without it. For me it is the best mod, as I am not a fan of the wind, cold, bugs,
etc.
can you post a photo?

Old 04-30-2011, 12:57 PM

Yesterday I modified the shield with a piece of plex glass and tape, raising the shield 1.25 inches. I need to test it out to see how it performs, before I remove the tapes. etc., and get a picture for you. Yesterday the wind was blowing 30 mph or so, which is another reason to have the shield, it can really blow in the spring time in Colorado. Yesterday I tried to test it out in the wind (head wind) so I had a relative speed of 50 mph, plus a head wind of 30 mile per hour for the total wind speed factor of 80 mph. Not so bad with the shield, not fun at all without it.

Old 04-30-2011, 06:58 PM
Default shield

Took a few pictures today, but not sure how to load them here. I can e-mail them to you if you like and perhaps you can post them. the pictures at turbo cities web site are pretty accurate.
Today I test drove the shield at a 1.25 inch rise and the air flow seemed even better, I may drill it out and then I would have two alternative locations to place the shield. The spacers allow you to tilt the shield to fine tune how the air flows.

Jim

Old 05-01-2011, 01:25 AM
1st Gear Member

I also have it on my SF. Stock configuration. Made a world of difference and highly recommend it.

Old 05-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Location: Colorado Springs...moving to Marysville, CA this summer

thanks for all the feedback on the windshield...just ordered it today.

Old 05-02-2011, 03:21 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by hakabert
Took a few pictures today, but not sure how to load them here. I can e-mail them to you if you like and perhaps you can post them. the pictures at turbo cities web site are pretty accurate.
Today I test drove the shield at a 1.25 inch rise and the air flow seemed even better, I may drill it out and then I would have two alternative locations to place the shield. The spacers allow you to tilt the shield to fine tune how the air flows.

Jim
I want to see the photos too. I want to see what it looks like on a KLX. My husband has a turbo city on his DRZ and he loves his.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:42 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I made one but the arms snapped off at 60...LOL

Old 05-04-2011, 11:14 AM
1st Gear Member

Does it block the wind and make coffee and donuts? Here's mine:

https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum...klx250s-34123/

Last edited by tngw1500se; 05-04-2011 at 11:47 AM.

Quick Reply: Windscreen