Wide footpegs KLX250

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 05:13 PM
1st Gear Member

I read one somewhere, here or on another forum, where the cheap cast peg busted on a big landing. Pretty rare though as I only remember that one report.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:40 PM
1st Gear Member

Glad to hear no one else has had problems. I am looking forward to getting them on my bike.

IDRIDR, quick question. I see in your profile you have the tall guts racing seat. I assume you have to order the cover AND the foam is that right? Also, any advice on the foam options? I was thinking the medium or hard. I bought a Seat Concepts seat for my KLR650. I like the seat but I wish I would have gotten a firmer foam.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dogfarm
Glad to hear no one else has had problems. I am looking forward to getting them on my bike.

IDRIDR, quick question. I see in your profile you have the tall guts racing seat. I assume you have to order the cover AND the foam is that right? Also, any advice on the foam options? I was thinking the medium or hard. I bought a Seat Concepts seat for my KLR650. I like the seat but I wish I would have gotten a firmer foam.
I like my Guts! Yes, ordered the foam and the cover as the stock cover wouldn't fit the tall foam. Plus I like the grip of their cover. I have soft density and wish I would have at least got the medium density. I'd sell the soft foam at a discount to anyone who wants it. Guts makes this seat for the '06/07, but not '09+

Old 11-27-2012, 01:46 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by IDRIDR
I like my Guts! Yes, ordered the foam and the cover as the stock cover wouldn't fit the tall foam. Plus I like the grip of their cover. I have soft density and wish I would have at least got the medium density. I'd sell the soft foam at a discount to anyone who wants it. Guts makes this seat for the '06/07, but not '09+
Thanks, I will probably go with the medium foam. I'm 6'4" so I think the tall seat will make the the bike feel less cramped.

Old 11-27-2012, 02:24 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks, I will probably go with the medium foam. I'm 6'4" so I think the tall seat will make the the bike feel less cramped.
Yes, it will make it feel less cramped. That's the reason I got it. 6'1" here.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:18 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Got the new pegs but they don't fit

I got the new wide pegs from D2MOTO in the mail. But they don't fit .

Called them up. They first said that I ordered the wrong ones because the 2006 KLX250s wasn't one of the models listed for this peg. I told them it should fit and these didn't look like the ones in the picture on their site. We found the part number on the pegs they realized they sent me the wrong ones.

They said they will ship out the correct ones today along with a mailer to send these back.. Seemed reasonable. It was an honest mistake and they are trying to make good.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:12 PM
1st Gear Member

I got the new wide pegs from D2MOTO in the mail. But they don't fit .

Called them up. They first said that I ordered the wrong ones because the 2006 KLX250s wasn't one of the models listed for this peg. I told them it should fit and these didn't look like the ones in the picture on their site. We found the part number on the pegs they realized they sent me the wrong ones.

They said they will ship out the correct ones today along with a mailer to send these back.. Seemed reasonable. It was an honest mistake and they are trying to make good.
That sounds like decent customer service and you sound like you handled it well, great to hear they are sending you new ones asap.

Old 12-01-2012, 03:26 PM
1st Gear Member

Glad to hear there is still customer service around! I again got a reminder why I hate the stock pegs as I had to ride my son in laws KLX250 last week while he tried mine. Loved the bike, hated the pegs. Report back when you get them and let us know.....

Old 12-08-2012, 03:10 PM
1st Gear Member
Default D2Moto Pegs on my KLX

I received the correct pegs from the vendor. They fit

One picture is the new wider peg compared to the stock. The other picture is the new wide peg mounted on the bike.

Attached Thumbnails Wide footpegs KLX250-footpegs.jpg   Wide footpegs KLX250-bikepeg.jpg  
Old 12-08-2012, 05:25 PM
1st Gear Member

Hmmm, wider but shorter.

I think I'd rather have the same length and wider.

Quick Reply: Wide footpegs KLX250