WHY IT'S ONLY A 250

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 11:51 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: WHY IT'S ONLY A 250

I love my klx just the way she was created,bone stock.If I feel the need to go fast I have other bikes to choose from and if I feel like beating the crap out of one I have one for that too.I bought it for the styling,looks and general versatility of being able to just ride whether it be paved or dirt.

Old 01-18-2008, 02:44 AM
1st Gear Member

Every well but. I loved the looks of it too. The option of riding styles and parts to get there as you want or leave it stock is what help make me want to buy her. Must fun I've had riding in years. It also makes you feel great pulling a corner ina mad lean full power and full control.

Old 01-18-2008, 04:51 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

Once I get the neutral safety switch working the levers will move to the top of the list; I just know that I'm going to hit the starter and drop the bike one day.
I did the starter hit once only since i put on an MSR pro raptor shorty.....my bike was in gear against a tree while i was working on it in the yard and when finished i just hit the go button ..( a few beers too didn't help) i hit the button just long enough to launch the bike off the tree and then plop right over on it's side about a foot past the tree....the wife chuckled and said "have another one dear"...LOL...honestly you'll get used to it and it's always in the back of your mind to pull in the clutch to start the bike anyway...especially if you stall in gear when offroad...it should be habit.

and, what brand of shocks do you guys use? ive always used and loved factory connection but dou you know of any better underground makes? possibly cheaper than FC?
Elka would be a #1 for me.when i do my suspension it will go to them.I have had the best results with my 4x4 utility race shocks from them and they are the highest quality i have ever seen in suspension components.their service department is very nice,they'll honestly tell you how things will work and they are very fast for turn around time.....my forks will be built with parts from them for myself and the rear shock will be shipped to them or i will just order one from them.If you ask them they will build it.....not cheap but you get what you pay for.The single rear for my 4x4 atv ran me about 1100$ but it is hi/lo compression and hi/lo rebound and also a triple rate spring with remote....The lil klx would prolly run about 695 for a complete shock with hi/lo compression and single rebound and a progressive rate spring....the only down side is that the shock looked so nice i wanted to put it in a glass case on my coffee table and not on the atv to get blasted with mud....they usually give you a super duty set of shock wears for free too...(or fork boots)...