who has the KX high bends?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 01:53 AM
1st Gear Member
Default who has the KX high bends?

I have some money burning a hole in my pocket and was looking for some new bars...soemthing to take the edge of this winter blues...and I sat on the bike, closed my eyes and reached out to where I thought the bars should be...my hands were right at the grips but just above the stock bars about an inch or so higher and I am curious who had the KX high bends and if they were similar but higher than the stock bars

OR if anyone has a link to the bar rise, stretch table and/or could tell me ours that would be great too. Thanks guys.

Old 02-03-2008, 06:31 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: who has the KX high bends?

I have the Tusk KX hi and they were a tad higher but I still put in the Tusk 1" riser kit ($20 and its adjustable with different spacers), its a drastically different feel, I love it.

Old 02-03-2008, 01:09 PM
1st Gear Member

do you have a pic..not too up close though, I'd love to see how they look..I like the placement of the stock bars and all, but would like them about an inch-1.5 inches higher (and aluminum). I did a lot of searching (and measuring of the stock bars) and now think a set of Pro-taper SE XR bend bars may be my best choice.

Old 02-03-2008, 01:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Old 02-03-2008, 05:28 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I would like to get taller bars since I'm 6-1 and like to stand while riding a lot, plus I want a cool bar pad. But then again where would I mount the gps then? Hmmmmmm I hate decisions.

Old 03-07-2008, 04:39 AM
1st Gear Member

i had the kx highs, then installed the 3.2 gallon tank and the bars looked funny, so installed the fat bar adapters by pro taper. then installed the kx woods fat bars, love the lookand putme in a better ridins stance. i'm 6-2 and couldn't be happier with them.

Old 03-07-2008, 03:04 PM
1st Gear Member

I have them and they are perfect for me; I'm 5'8 but I have extra long arms and legs with a short body if you check my bikepics link you can gander at the bike and me to see where the bars come to. When I stand they are right below my belt line with my elbows bent.

Old 03-08-2008, 01:11 AM

I have the pro taper se KX high bend. They are pretty good. With the KX high bend it is the outermost part of the handle bar that is highest as opposed to having a high bend in the middle. I have used them with a 20mm (about an inch) rise kit and it was a bit too much. Go the high bend kx...they are good. (ps i am 5,11 with long arms too).

Old 03-08-2008, 02:57 AM
1st Gear Member

I don't have the kx high bend, but I am running a set of renthal cr high bend. I will say that I think they are about the same as the stock bars in rise and sweep. I got a bar riser kit for them but haven't yet installed it.

Old 03-08-2008, 03:44 AM
1st Gear Member

I have CR Highs & they definitely have less sweep than stock. They are roughly the same height as stock. I also have KX Highs & they are roughly the same sweep as stock but a tad taller. I had pics but they got deleted.

Quick Reply: who has the KX high bends?