Where Can I Get Factory Links to Return KLX to Original Height???

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 04:55 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Where Can I Get Factory Links to Return KLX to Original Height???

I just sold a buddy a lowered KLX250S and he wants to return it to factory height because he's 6' 3" and weighs 210.

Does anyone want to trade their factory links even up for a set of Kouba KLX4's?

$bob$

Old 09-08-2008, 06:59 PM
1st Gear Member

Never mind... Just bought a set of these here....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-...9417QQtcZphoto

$bob$

Old 09-09-2008, 01:45 AM
1st Gear Member

Do you want to sell the Koubalinks then? How much did they lower it?

Old 09-09-2008, 01:51 AM
1st Gear Member

When his new links arrive and he get's them installed then he'll probably sell them. I don't know how much they lowered the bike. You can check the Kouba website.

$bob$

Old 09-09-2008, 03:01 AM
1st Gear Member

when you raise the rear like that you put more weight on the front tire. he will most likely experience a "heavier" feeling when steering thru the corners especially if he's in some single track and has to do a lot of switchbacks. the bike just won't steer as quick. to get back some of the nimblness he could lower the fork legs in the triple clamps a bit. i'd be curious to hear his thoughts after he does some riding.

Old 09-09-2008, 11:04 AM
1st Gear Member

lcpl,

Yep... We're aware of that and have a dirt bike mechanic with 20yrs experience ready to install the link and set up the suspension properly.

Thanks,
$bob$

Old 09-09-2008, 06:29 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by lcpl0331
when you raise the rear like that you put more weight on the front tire. he will most likely experience a "heavier" feeling when steering thru the corners especially if he's in some single track and has to do a lot of switchbacks. the bike just won't steer as quick. to get back some of the nimblness he could lower the fork legs in the triple clamps a bit. i'd be curious to hear his thoughts after he does some riding.
I've had them on my bike for over a year now and I like em. They raised the rear about 3/4" and I made the forks perfectly flush with the triple. It really helped the geometry of the bike...the front is much less prone to washing out in soft sand.

I'm sure you have read review reports about our bike and a lot of them comment about the front washing out.....this cheap mod really helps with this issue. jmho

Old 09-10-2008, 10:35 AM
1st Gear Member
Talking

Originally Posted by Finger Mullet
I've had them on my bike for over a year now and I like em. They raised the rear about 3/4" and I made the forks perfectly flush with the triple. It really helped the geometry of the bike...the front is much less prone to washing out in soft sand.

I'm sure you have read review reports about our bike and a lot of them comment about the front washing out.....this cheap mod really helps with this issue. jmho
Finger Mullet,

Thanks... I'll try riding his bike after the mods and if I like it may do it on my KLX250S too. I'm not having problems with washing out the front end but I live in Flatistan where the sand is DEEEEEEP!

$bob$

Old 09-11-2008, 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by LDHunter
Finger Mullet,

Thanks... I'll try riding his bike after the mods and if I like it may do it on my KLX250S too. I'm not having problems with washing out the front end but I live in Flatistan where the sand is DEEEEEEP!

$bob$
Who says he's going to let you ride his bike?

Yeah, ok, maybe I'll let you test it out...

I sure hope those links show up tomorrow!

Old 09-11-2008, 03:38 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by LDHunter
Finger Mullet,
I'm not having problems with washing out the front end but I live in Flatistan where the sand is DEEEEEEP!
Well you have not been going fast enough It will wash out on you and hard...btw fellow Flatistaner I'm in sugar sand south central. lol

Last edited by Finger Mullet; 09-11-2008 at 03:41 AM.

Quick Reply: Where Can I Get Factory Links to Return KLX to Original Height???