Whats wrong with my 09'????

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 03:33 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Whats wrong with my 09'????

i was ridin the other day and about 5 minutes into the ride it started runnin like crap, starvin for fuel and wouldnt hardly run. so i managed to get home at about 30 mph. you give it to much gas and it dies. but it idels fine and it runs up to about 4000 rpm's then it starves for fuel??? My first guess was bad gas so i replaced that, still did the same thing. Iam thinkin clogged fuel filter???? if so where's it at? thanks guys

Old 06-04-2009, 05:42 AM
1st Gear Member

Clogged main jet more likely.
Me, I'd start by squirting some aerosol carby cleaner in behind the air filter, thats because I'm lazy.
But carb off, bowl off, slide out, good clean, clean and check seating of the air filter.
Done.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Did you run out of fuel? Check your fuel selector.

Old 06-04-2009, 02:30 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Its the main jet like Neil said. I saw that on a Yamaha a couple of years ago. The guy could start his bike but above a certain rpm it would cut out. He took it home, took it apart and the main was plugged. There is a filter.

Name:  09carb.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  25.8 KB

Last edited by deej; 06-04-2009 at 02:35 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:35 PM
1st Gear Member

Sorry for the blurry pic

Old 06-04-2009, 03:47 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
Its the main jet like Neil said. I saw that on a Yamaha a couple of years ago. The guy could start his bike but above a certain rpm it would cut out. He took it home, took it apart and the main was plugged. There is a filter.

so i fired it up this morning just thinkin hey maybe it will magicly run and be fine. Well it now runs and its fine. Maybe a stuck float in the carb? Or maybe the main was plugged? thanks for all the help guys!

Old 06-04-2009, 04:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Don't get too excited yet. Chances are that whatever was plugging will eventually get sucked up again and you'll be stuck out on some trail in the middle of nowhere. I would take it apart and make sure. Its not like passing a kidney stone, carbs tend not to allow passage. I know of what I speak of, I passed a kidney stone last October and let me tell you that was the worst pain I ever felt. I have a picture of it if anyone wants to see it. LOL

Old 06-04-2009, 11:25 PM
1st Gear Member

Don't get too excited yet. Chances are that whatever was plugging will eventually get sucked up again and you'll be stuck out on some trail in the middle of nowhere. I would take it apart and make sure. Its not like passing a kidney stone, carbs tend not to allow passage. I know of what I speak of, I passed a kidney stone last October and let me tell you that was the worst pain I ever felt. I have a picture of it if anyone wants to see it. LOL

+1
Whatever was plugging the jet is now floating around in the fuel bowl waiting to get sucked up again. Drop the fuel bowl and clean it out.

Old 06-05-2009, 02:22 AM
1st Gear Member

I have a picture of it if anyone wants to see it. LOL
Um, if it's anything like your bear scat pix I'll, um, pass......

Old 06-05-2009, 02:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Xerxes
Um, if it's anything like your bear scat pix I'll, um, pass......

Hater

Quick Reply: Whats wrong with my 09'????