What's going on my '09?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 11:22 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: What's going on my '09?

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525
man you are little travis...... lol....... glad the 09 is running good now.
Don't say that ems .. lol...I mentioned that on another thread and he had a full on tweek.

Hey Iowa did the dyno needle look different than the NTC1....it's supposed to be an upgrade to the stock 300 one....I've never seen one in person.

Old 05-16-2008, 11:53 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

it wasnt offensive... im 6'1" 225.... 5'7" to me is small.

Old 05-17-2008, 12:17 AM
1st Gear Member

what

Old 05-17-2008, 12:18 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lcpl0331

Another member on here was looking for some of the jets that I had sitting on the shelf. I mailed them to him (for free, including shipping) and you know what, it felt good to help a fellow rider out. Because that's what its all about here. You can't put a price on that. Pay it forward my friend. If everyone did that it would be a different world.
hey deej, i did the same with my 13 tooth front sprocket. just got his address and mailed it to him.
that was so long ago i couldn't even guess who it was.
[/quote]

Old 05-17-2008, 03:09 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

klxer, glad you like my sig.
mullet, don't remember the N1TC. The DJ needle is very sharp and tapered though. TBH, I really wouldn't care which needle I had in the carb now that I have had both. They both run good.

I just can't get over the obsession some of you have with my size now. Jeesh, I'm 5'7- it's not like I'm a midget. It's quite an average size for someone my weight. I'm sure there are people on here that are smaller than me. The less weight on the KLX, the better and we all know that's true. Hee haw to the members who are 6' and up, I could really care.

Old 06-01-2008, 05:40 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

just an update: I recently went from a 132 dj to a 128 main and lowered the needle to the 3rd notch and also turning the a/f screw to just 2 1/4 turns out. Now it is pretty perfect. I also was getting sick of the useless first gear and the screaming on the highway at 65-70 mph so lastnight I put the stock 14-tooth back on. I don't know what it is about the new bike, but it really didn't affect low-end power. But it does drive better on road and the rpms are back down and the bike can now be used on the highway. I initially was very happy with the 132 and 4th notch, but after some highway runs at constant upper rpms, bringing the bike down to idle and then to lower cruising speeds it would bog at mid throttle. I think it was too rich. I'm sure the muzzy made up for the 13's effect on low-end as when I installed it initially, it was all stock and the effect on power was more noticeable.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:02 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

update:
for you 09klxowner fans out there reading this thread, I just had to find something else to tinker with on my bike. So I got to thinking that when I bought this exhaust from the very nice gentleman on the east coast I thought I had remembered that he said it had a quiet-core in it. And ever since I put the thing on initially, (the Muzzy) I didn't think it was all that loud. So I just went out and took the end cap off and waalaa, low and behold there it was- a quiet-core and spark-arrestor. It came out with my hand and fit perfectly. I remember hearing someone got one that didn't fit. So I took it out since I want it as loud as possible. It's 1am so I can't start it up but I look forward to it tomorrow. Hopefully this will help it flow a little better too as the spark-arrestor and the QC look a little restrictive tbh.
Also, just to keep it real, I was able to take the bike out for a long ride to class tonight which consists of speeds to 60 mph and I did notice that the bike does not spool up quite as quickly. Granted it's not a huge difference, but I can tell. But with the power the muzzy and other mods make, it's a tradeoff I can live with as I was cruising at 60 mph in 5th gear and clunked her into 6th and dropped the rpms to around 6000. I'll take it for road use. My bad on the earlier claim.

setImgWidth();

Old 06-04-2008, 10:05 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ah..... getting the jettin dialed in... i remember those days..... lol.... So the trans is that different that the 13t front didnt make that much of a difference?

Old 06-04-2008, 03:16 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

no, the trans is the same up to 5th/6th as far as I know. It is noticeable with the 14 toother, but tbh it's not that noticeable.

Old 06-04-2008, 11:35 PM
jb7
1st Gear Member

It will be LOUD without the quiet core and spark arrestor.&nbsp\\; I tried it once for a couple of minutes.&nbsp\\; Did you remember to put in the 2 spacer washers that I sent along with the pipe when you pulled the quiet core and spark arrestor?
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&n bsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbs p\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;

Quick Reply: What's going on my '09?