What's going on my '09?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 12:34 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: What's going on my '09?

Its a shame you wasted all that money on a jet kit that you will use two pieces of. Sure you have that fancy box with all those useless jets in it--does it make you feel good? I suppose your grandma could use it for her sewing kit. Drill bits? PLEASE, you paid that much for drill bits? Who does not have all those already? Why spend the money on that when I can get all OEM parts for $20. A waste.

It went something like that anyway[:-]

Newbies & BEEN AROUND AWHILE READERS--dont jump my $hit--these are not my beliefs, just reminising from the days of old.

Old 05-16-2008, 12:54 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

man you are little travis...... lol....... glad the 09 is running good now.

Old 05-16-2008, 01:40 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KLXer

Its a shame you wasted all that money on a jet kit that you will use two pieces of. Sure you have that fancy box with all those useless jets in it--does it make you feel good? I suppose your grandma could use it for her sewing kit. Drill bits? PLEASE, you paid that much for drill bits? Who does not have all those already? Why spend the money on that when I can get all OEM parts for $20. A waste.

It went something like that anyway[:-]

Newbies--dont jump my $hit--these are not my beliefs, just reminising from the days of old.
Dude you haven't even made it to the "Island" yet, talk about noobs...[8D] Just messing man, but I disagree with you on it being a waste of money. What if a friends gets a bike and needs some jets? Or in my case I got the whole kit, the shop used the 132 and 40 jets, and whatever else they needed, and gave me the fancy box, which now is part of my fishing tackle container system, and the left over stuff, and guess what? Another member on here was looking for some of the jets that I had sitting on the shelf. I mailed them to him (for free, including shipping) and you know what, it felt good to help a fellow rider out. Because that's what its all about here. You can't put a price on that. Pay it forward my friend. If everyone did that it would be a different world.

Old 05-16-2008, 02:56 PM
1st Gear Member

10-4 deej ur da man

Old 05-16-2008, 03:11 PM
1st Gear Member

Dude you haven't even made it to the "Island" yet, talk about noobs...[8D] Just messing man, but I disagree with you on it being a waste of money. What if a friends gets a bike and needs some jets? Or in my case I got the whole kit, the shop used the 132 and 40 jets, and whatever else they needed, and gave me the fancy box, which now is part of my fishing tackle container system, and the left over stuff, and guess what? Another member on here was looking for some of the jets that I had sitting on the shelf. I mailed them to him (for free, including shipping) and you know what, it felt good to help a fellow rider out. Because that's what its all about here. You can't put a price on that. Pay it forward my friend. If everyone did that it would be a different world.

I guess I'll have to expand my disclaimer to been around awhile readers too...

There re-read it[sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]

Old 05-16-2008, 05:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Old 05-16-2008, 07:54 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

ROFLMAO- dude, you can't win for losing. You really do need to get away from the IG obsession thing my friend. You're making a fool of yourself. In case you didn't know, no one cares about what you keep bringing up.
Only reason I went with DJ is because I didn't want to wait on oem parts. There is no performance advantage with the DJ over the oem carb parts. They both transform the bike in a good way. But, my theory holds true. I used two parts out of the kit and the rest is sitting in the little clear box on my shelf. So basically I paid $50 for a needle and main jet.[:@]

Old 05-16-2008, 08:03 PM
1st Gear Member

I see you spared no detail in your sig, well done

Old 05-16-2008, 08:27 PM
1st Gear Member

In the infamous words of someone on here......my neighbor bought a rake.[8D] God I love that. Oh by the way, its now 84 degrees here and a little wind from the west. Its all good.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:11 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 09KLXowner
After buttoning everything back up it fired right up and jeesh, it's a rottweiler too my friends. Whoa, this thing friggin rocks.
IG is one happy dude again.
Sounds like you got the jetting dialed in on the first try - nice! Glad you got it set up well and are happy with it. [sm=nxsmile.gif] [sm=icon_rock.gif] [sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]

Quick Reply: What's going on my '09?