What's going on my '09?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 03:13 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: What's going on my '09?

I think it looks great. I put mine on after rejetting and airbox mods, so it was all ready to go. That's the first I've heard of it not running without first rejetting, though. Is your airbox lid still on? If not, try replacing that, it should help at least until you can rejet. One thing you can do is back your fuel screw out which might help somewhat. I remember some folks who said their fuel screw was completely seated from the factory.

As for jets, I don't really have a recommendation other than I've always had good luck ordering stuff from RonAyers.com. They are in Greenville, NC which is only an hour or so away from me. It sometimes take a few days from the parts to get to them - they generally do not stock. But once they got them, just ground shipping got them to me the next day - it would be pointless for me to spend the extra money and order quicker shipping. So if you've got a place like that nearby Iowa, maybe they can get the parts to you more quickly.

Something you might want to try, and you could be helping to make a new product available by doing this, is to get in contact with James Dean at JD Jetting, http://www.jdjetting.com and see if he has anything for the KLX250S. I don't see one for the KLX250 or the KLX300 listed on his web site, but this guy knows his stuff and puts together kits for many different bikes. I'm using his kit on my KTM and it is night and day difference between the stock jetting. He goes the extra mile and included two different needles of his own design, several jets, as well as the "O-Ring" mod with strengthens the AP squirt. All these really make for a very big result. I don't if he will help, but you never know. Maybe if you make the case that the KLX250S is becoming very popular, he might be inclined to add it to his supported bikes.

Other than that, Dynojet or the N1TC + OEM brass seems to be the best options.

Old 05-10-2008, 03:55 AM
1st Gear Member

dood, you put a muzzy on your bike....lol

Old 05-10-2008, 05:09 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

dood, you put a muzzy on your bike....lol
'dood' , only cuz it was had for $100. It does look and sound good I'll admit though.

Old 05-10-2008, 07:44 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

just some slow casual riding, this little hill is pretty steep actually. the KLX will nearly idle up it with just slight throttle input. this is where I would really like that pumper.

setImgWidth();

setImgWidth();

setImgWidth();

setImgWidth();

Old 05-10-2008, 08:20 AM
1st Gear Member

good shots,
Looks like you need a red helmet now man!
You will appreciate the Muzzy when you re-jet, Im running a 132 but am @ sea level mainly to 1500ft.
Still think a pumper would be better than the CV.
Lee

Old 05-10-2008, 11:19 AM
jb7
1st Gear Member

Hey, that Muzzy system looks very familiar. Looks good on the red bike.

jb7

Old 05-10-2008, 03:52 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Man the more I see the red 09 the more I want one. Thanks for sharing and I ahve to say, the Muzzy looks awesome on that bike. Oh and P.S. I didn't realize you were a smaller guy Travis, now I think I could take you. So get out here so I can slap you up side the head.[8D] Just kidding, keep the pics coming and we want ride reports from you ASAP.........right after family time.

Old 05-10-2008, 05:30 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

I do wish I had a pumper all lined up to go on w/the Muzzy. Deej, you knew I was just a little squirt. I"m 5'7, 150lbs.
I ordered a DJ kit and twin-air lastnight. Should be here by Tuesday or so. I hope this kit is as good as some claim.

Old 05-10-2008, 05:36 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 09KLXowner

I do wish I had a pumper all lined up to go on w/the Muzzy. Deej, you knew I was just a little squirt. I"m 5'7, 150lbs.
I ordered a DJ kit and twin-air lastnight. Should be here by Tuesday or so. I hope this kit is as good as some claim.
LOL I know man. As far as the DJ kit, let me put it this way: Its as good as we all say, but will not live up to you expectations. Just messing man, its all good.

Old 05-16-2008, 04:53 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

I received the dynojet kit today. I ripped the carb out lastnight and was just waiting on this thing to arrive. I won't write a huge writeup because you've all read it before. I went with a 132 main, stock pilot, 4th slot on needle from top, drilled the slide, melted my way through the crankcase vent hole with a drill bit, etc. I had tried to ride the bike with the full muzzy before rejetting, even went so far to remove the airbox lid totally but it just would not run. It would die when I revved the engine.
Well, that's not the case anymore.After buttoning everything back up it fired right up and jeesh, it's a rottweiler too my friends. Whoa, this thing friggin rocks. I'll admit, the Muzzy sounds sweet as hell. The jetting is pretty spot-on at the moment. No bogs, races to redline in a heartbeat and has loads of newfound power. Wheelies are again available in the first three gears. I have this hill I like to climb, it's a tall, steep levy pretty much. It will wheelie in first up it under power and ride it up all the way and over the edge to the other side, it's so much fun. I've yet to receive my twin-air, should be here tomorrow. That should ice the cake. I did have to turn up my idle after all this work, I guess that's normal.
I did notice a slight drop in low-end, kind of sucks but I would trade that any day for the top-end rush it has now. Maybe next year on it's b-day it can get a big-bore kit of some kind.
This muzzy has the quiet core in it too, but you could have fooled me. It's as loud as if not louder than my biggun on my '06 I had.
I left the airbox lid off per dj's instructions and it runs perfectly so I have no intentions on putting it back on. I figured the 132 dj would be pretty much like a 130 keihin main. Bottom line, I'm happy. I think I'll leave the exhaust alone. I was planning on getting the dents removed and install the heat shield but it's not an issue, neither one. IG is one happy dude again.
sorry, I guess that was a long writeup.
Oh, as far as gas mileage as some were asking- I hit reserve around 90 on my first tank. I think 60mpg is a reality. Oh yeah, the smog system was removed as well.

Quick Reply: What's going on my '09?