What are we all getting for xmas / taxes?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 04:31 PM
1st Gear Member
Default What are we all getting for xmas / taxes?

Hey all, I know I haven't been on here in a while, I do apologize. College and work are hectic. But I still ride the tar out of my KLX and I'm closing in on 12,xxx miles (if I haven't passed it already).

I searched the first couple pages and didn't see our Christmas thread so I thought I would make it.. if this is a problem then I apologize.

For Christmas (well, textbook sellback) I'm buying new tires... I've had the D606 Dunlops for A YEAR... the front is completely bald down the middle (thus I haven't rode trails in a while). The back still has life! But I think this is because I went with the 120/90 and this puny bike won't spin it. Gonna go with the Pirelli Scorpion Pro in the front and the Kenda Trackmaster II in the rear... which means I'll be seriously curtailing my street riding

When taxes get here, I'm looking at a Muzzy full exhaust and (maybe) the kickstarter kit... some odds and ends I"m sure.

As for non-dirt bike tax presents, I'm looking at this:

Name:  glock-22.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  27.8 KB

Glock 22 semi-automatic pistol in .40 S&W

Old 12-03-2009, 05:56 PM
1st Gear Member

mmmm. Glock...

I've already brought my christmas pressie... a Ducati Monster Dark 600... but I may have already mentioned that. If I have, please forgive me.

Old 12-03-2009, 05:59 PM
1st Gear Member

I am getting a big head ache.
I am planning on getting a few more barrels for my Thompson Center Contender. I would like to get 22LR, 22 Hornet, 9mm and maybe a .40 barrel someday. Right now I have a 22 Jet with scope, 44 magnum with scope and a 44 magnum Hotshot (shoots pellets like a shot gun). If you have never seen a 22 Jet, they are impressive 2200 Feet per second. Basically a 38 Special necked down to a 22. They are not produced anymore. When I do find them they are usually about $1.70 per round.
I would like to replace my S&W Model 59 (9mm) with something newer like a Springfield XD or a Glock.

Attached Thumbnails What are we all getting for xmas / taxes?-t_c.jpg  
Old 12-03-2009, 07:40 PM
1st Gear Member

im getting an H&K USP in .40S&W

Old 12-03-2009, 07:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Hello Bill Blue?
Yes sir,
Please ship One 351cc Big bore kit.
Thanks,
Have a great wheelie !!
42RI

Old 12-05-2009, 07:47 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by cliffsta
Hey all, I know I haven't been on here in a while, I do apologize. College and work are hectic. But I still ride the tar out of my KLX and I'm closing in on 12,xxx miles (if I haven't passed it already).

I searched the first couple pages and didn't see our Christmas thread so I thought I would make it.. if this is a problem then I apologize.

For Christmas (well, textbook sellback) I'm buying new tires... I've had the D606 Dunlops for A YEAR... the front is completely bald down the middle (thus I haven't rode trails in a while). The back still has life! But I think this is because I went with the 120/90 and this puny bike won't spin it. Gonna go with the Pirelli Scorpion Pro in the front and the Kenda Trackmaster II in the rear... which means I'll be seriously curtailing my street riding

When taxes get here, I'm looking at a Muzzy full exhaust and (maybe) the kickstarter kit... some odds and ends I"m sure.

As for non-dirt bike tax presents, I'm looking at this:

Glock 22 semi-automatic pistol in .40 S&W

N-i-c-e guns, Glocks in general, and that in in 40 cal S&W. Depending on what you intend to use it for, or if you just want a new gun to add to the collection.

Personally, due to light weight and very compact size, one of my favorites is a Colt Government Pocketlite .380 ACP.

With hand-loaded hollow point rounds the "little .380" can still put a mighty big hurt on a bad guy. Fortunately never had to use it, or even think about using it, in that capacity. It's fits nicely even into a small fanny pack, camel-bak etc. and doesn't gather much attention when out ... unlike that Glock, my S&W 9mm or .357 Mag revolver.

Last edited by LongmontKLXr; 12-05-2009 at 07:50 AM.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:27 PM
1st Gear Member

just took an 11 day job on a goverment island that should pay well. So when I get back he KLX will be getting a kickstart and or springs. I will be getting a good helmet. Also my replacement camara should be here when I get back so I can take some ride pics and post them up. (after some photo posting instructions from deej)

Last edited by maninthesea; 12-05-2009 at 12:31 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 02:21 PM
1st Gear Member

Not sure.. Probably not much.. I still have my tax return from last year just sitting there!!

I do know though that for Christmas the wifey got me new pegs, and some 13/16 raising link dog bones to get the bike a little taller.

Also got me new boots and new helmet which I reallllly needed..

If I do decide to spend tax $$ this year it'll probably be most of it towards the house.. I still want to do the suspension on my bike though so maybe that's a possibility..

Old 12-05-2009, 03:02 PM
1st Gear Member

For taxes I plan on getting a Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm for the tank bag on those long lonely hauls.

For Christmas I hope I get a pair of winter riding pants, I have the jacket and gloves, but man layering just doesn't cut it with that wind!

Old 12-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

No presents for me this year, I've been bad.

But after pinching pennies for a while, I'm hoping to be able to get one of these for my son by mid-January:

200 XC/W. Looking for a good used 2008 model for the right price. He's a fairly new rider, so will be detuning it somewhat at first, then open it up later.

Quick Reply: What are we all getting for xmas / taxes?