What type (brand) of bar risers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 03:40 AM
1st Gear Member

nah, it's the bike. also since the bar mounts don't use any kind of rubber isolation, fat bars may feel a little bit too rigid in rough terrain. If you cut them short for the trees it's even worse (my buddy's kdx) Toughest 7/8 bar I've found is pro taper.. Bent a couple of 7/8 Renthals on the klx without much of a crash, pro tapers 7/8 has been hanging in there.

Originally Posted by DT175MX
Ah, I thought it was because I was used to MTBs that the pegs felt too near to the bars (in a fore/aft sort of way).
I tried to roll the standard bars forward, but there's a limit to this due to cables - particularly the brake hose.

Old 09-23-2013, 02:38 PM
1st Gear Member

I was very uncomfortable standing on the stock pegs as well. IMS footpegs were the very first mod on my new KLX.

Those risers look slick. I really like my Protaper SE KX bend bars but would like some additional height. My arms are fully out-stretched when standing on the pegs.

Old 09-23-2013, 06:14 PM
1st Gear Member

I am very happy with the Protaper CR Hi-bend bars. A little higher than stock and a bend that took me only minutes to get use to. I am happy with the quality & look of my Zeta barkbusters and shields; not sure about their risers, I would expect similar quality.

Old 09-25-2013, 03:31 PM

I have these 30mm risers on two of my bikes and I'm still using stock bars and cables, with some minor adjustments, of course.

Tusk Handlebar Riser Kit | ATV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Old 09-25-2013, 07:14 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ride Now
I have these 30mm risers on two of my bikes and I'm still using stock bars and cables, with some minor adjustments, of course.

Tusk Handlebar Riser Kit | ATV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC
Are you using them with the KLX? If so, how much minor adjusting was needed with the stock bars??

Thanks.

Old 09-25-2013, 07:15 PM
1st Gear Member

I have ROX and they are a good fit and provide a 1 1/4 inch rise

Old 09-25-2013, 07:18 PM
1st Gear Member

I have ROX, work great and give about an 1 1/4 inch rise....

Old 09-26-2013, 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by maquette
Are you using them with the KLX? If so, how much minor adjusting was needed with the stock bars??

Thanks.

Yes, I have these on my '07 KLX. I actually had to do the most "minor adjusting" with the clutch lever/cable and the brake lever/resevoir when I put on the handguards. IIRC I adjusted the throttle cables at the carb to get the slack I needed. I put the risers on at the same time so most of the "tweaking" was already done.

Old 09-26-2013, 03:13 AM
1st Gear Member

Yes, I have these on my '07 KLX. I actually had to do the most "minor adjusting" with the clutch lever/cable and the brake lever/resevoir when I put on the handguards. IIRC I adjusted the throttle cables at the carb to get the slack I needed. I put the risers on at the same time so most of the "tweaking" was already done.
Thanks for the reply. I have handguards on my stock bars now, so I think I'll order a set of these and give them a try. It might be a little while, but I'll let you know how they work.

Thanks again,

Old 09-26-2013, 02:11 PM
1st Gear Member

My ROX fit right on...great things

Quick Reply: What type (brand) of bar risers?