What is a seat strap really for?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 04:30 PM
1st Gear Member
Default What is a seat strap really for?

I've always wondered this, but never had the nerve to ask. I figure while I'm asking all kinds of silly things lately, might as well go for it.

Is it for looks? Is it for a passenger to grab onto? Is it to tuck your gloves under? Is it to hold onto when your riding with no hands? Oh, I know, it's what you tie the rope to when you are towing someone...

Thanks.

Old 05-15-2009, 04:36 PM
1st Gear Member

IDK I thought it was stupid so I took it off lol,,, but I guess it can be used for gloves and chit like that for when your taking a break haha,, never really found a good use for it yet!

Old 05-15-2009, 04:38 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

It's for me to hold on to while my legs are in the air! PFFFT ! !!!!! LMFAO !IM KIDDING !!!!!!

Old 05-15-2009, 04:56 PM
1st Gear Member

I can think of a few times it would've come in handy to pull the bike with.

Especially that time I fell and landed inches from a 15 foot drop into a river. The bike didn't fall in, but the way it fell made it a very delicate thing to pull up.

Old 05-15-2009, 05:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by crf230
I've always wondered this, but never had the nerve to ask. I figure while I'm asking all kinds of silly things lately, might as well go for it.

Is it for looks? Is it for a passenger to grab onto? Is it to tuck your gloves under? Is it to hold onto when your riding with no hands? Oh, I know, it's what you tie the rope to when you are towing someone...

Thanks.
Not the first clue. Shortly after buying the bike I figured out it was the KLX equivalent of the human appendix - a completely uneeded bit, so off it came along with the stock "handguards", which are worse than useless because they give the appearance that they will provide some protection. Not.

Old 05-15-2009, 05:12 PM
1st Gear Member

I thought it was for the passenger to hold on to? IDK I took mine off the day I brought the bike home. The passenger pegs are in my box of "Stuff Kawasaki Thought I Needed" as well. Them things are heavy!

Kinda OT but I'll post it here instead of in a separate weight thread (we got enough of 'em) I weighed all the crap I got rid of (reflectors, passenger pegs, RH mirror, dorsal fin on the back, safety switches, that goofy bottle on the bottom, the snorkel, some other things I've forgot) the weight savings was something like 7 pounds? I forget the exact weight but it was about 7 pounds. That doesn't sound like alot, but its still a 2% weight decrease.

Point is, there's plenty of aforementioned SKTIN on the bike to get rid of.

Old 05-15-2009, 05:22 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Melyza_Cheerleader
It's for me to hold on to while my legs are in the air! PFFFT ! !!!!! LMFAO !IM KIDDING !!!!!!

Old 05-15-2009, 05:22 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej

LOL,! Whats that face all about ?

Old 05-15-2009, 05:40 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I don't know, I'm scared.

Old 05-15-2009, 05:41 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

Scared? of what? lmao

Quick Reply: What is a seat strap really for?