What Octane fuel do you use??

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 06:08 PM
Default RE: What Octane fuel do you use??

markmeinteil,

Perhaps dualsport riders are more, well you might say "focused" and tend to stay on subject.

However I must say I like your style much better!

Old 11-17-2006, 11:51 PM
1st Gear Member

Didn't the valve debate from some time ago determine that the valves wear out much sooner with lower octane fuel?

Old 11-18-2006, 01:07 AM
1st Gear Member

Name:  Simpsons-HomerBoobies.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  19.0 KB

Old 11-18-2006, 04:13 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy

let me check, I'm sure I would've replied had I gotten it. hold on and I'll check.

nope, I never got a pm from you. what can I help you out with?

In one of the threads you were looking for a rear tire. I believe your criteria was that it had to be the stock size and it had to be from a top name brand like Michelin, Dunlop, or Bridgestone, etc. You didn't seem to be too concerned about price but quality & both on/off road performance was a big priority. This pretty much describes what I would look for in a rear tire. I know the stock size is the limiting factor. I was curious what you ended up with and how you like it. That was what I PM'd you about but the PM never made it. [&:]

I didn't want to hijack the thread with a tire question to you but since it looks like this thread has already been hijacked anyway....

Old 11-18-2006, 08:04 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FM_Thumper

I didn't want to hijack the thread with a tire question to you but since it looks like this thread has already been hijacked anyway....
[sm=badbadbad.gif] Join the dark side!

Old 11-19-2006, 03:27 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy

I haven't bought one yet. I did narrow it down to one but I cannot remember what it was. I think it was a bridgestone or something. It was a very scarce tire but I did find one on ebay. Sorry if I can't help you out. It took me a long time to find this tire and don't feel like looking right now since it will be next spring. I basically just did a search on yahoo entering in the stock tire size and dot or something like that. I like that dunlop everyone's buying, but I don't want to rob my bike of power for just a larger tire when I don't need it. Seems like I'm always after something that is either hard to find or unobtainable anymore, I think I'm a little **** or just know what I want- one of the two.

I think the two that it was narrowed down to was the Bridgestone Trail Wing that Scat recommended and the other one was a Michelin. I will be replacing it in the Spring too.