What Octane fuel do you use??

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 04:18 AM
Default RE: What Octane fuel do you use??

Thanks Mav....

Old 11-17-2006, 05:40 AM
1st Gear Member

http://www.off-road.com/dirtbike/rick/gas2/

This article proves the article that I read wrong, or different

. This is odd... because they dyno'ed the bike in the mag. article I was refering too. Started with 87, went all the way to 97 with additives.

Now I have no idea who is right / wrong ???

Old 11-17-2006, 07:01 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy

you'll never see a ZO6. and as far as getting the "sweet stuff left behind in the hose", you're dreamin. that just doesn't happen. do you think with all the high tech this and that around that our gas pumps can't do a better job than that when distributing gas? I'm no expert on gas pumps which I've already stated, but I'm sure there are valves inside the pumps that regulate what grade of gas goes through the hose when it is chosen. believe what you want though. don't you think that gas station owners would complain to pump manufacturers if they were letting 1-2 gals. of premium through for the price of regular? seems to me that that would be a lot of lost revenue for station owners if that were the case as they'd be losing money on the premium gas. it's just not true and for anyone who believes that it is, well, you must be an optimist.
Yeah there's definitely fuel left in the hose from the nozzle all the way up to the top where it connects to the different octane gases. That is a fact. Unless you don't believe in the law of gravity.

The vast majority of the consumer buys 87. So in the vast majority of the cases, the gas station owner is selling 2 gallons of 87 to the guy buying 93, not the other way around.

I have filled up my R1150R at stations with one hose and every damn time the bike pings like crazy because the 2 gallons of 87 dilutes the 93. Every single time! My bike certainly knows that there is 2 gallons of 87 going in the tank.

BTW, Iowa, I PM'd you a while back because I had a question. Did you ever get the PM?

Old 11-17-2006, 12:53 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy

you'll never see a ZO6. and as far as getting the "sweet stuff left behind in the hose", you're dreamin. that just doesn't happen. do you think with all the high tech this and that around that our gas pumps can't do a better job than that when distributing gas? I'm no expert on gas pumps which I've already stated, but I'm sure there are valves inside the pumps that regulate what grade of gas goes through the hose when it is chosen. believe what you want though. don't you think that gas station owners would complain to pump manufacturers if they were letting 1-2 gals. of premium through for the price of regular? seems to me that that would be a lot of lost revenue for station owners if that were the case as they'd be losing money on the premium gas. it's just not true and for anyone who believes that it is, well, you must be an optimist.
not to stir up trouble or anything.... im not sure where you live iowa,(besides in iowa ) but i have seen at least 2 or 3 C6 ZO6 vettes around my area....

Old 11-17-2006, 05:52 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ah... ok... yea at 70K a pop, they will be few of them...

Old 11-17-2006, 06:03 PM
1st Gear Member

I can't believe this post is still on point! If it was in the ninja section, our wondering minds probably would have shifted towards ***** by now.

You know, something like this:

or this;

oh, don't forget this one:

Are our MINDS wondering yet?

Old 11-17-2006, 06:07 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

my mind always wonders to that topic........

Quick Reply: What Octane fuel do you use??