what made you choose the klx250 over the drz400

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 03:20 AM
Default what made you choose the klx250 over the drz400

July 28 i will have 5600.00 and a court date for bull traffic ticket. It will either be a really good day or a really bad. Given the fact that i dont have a lawyer and The cop is liar i might not stand a chance. dont drive at 2 am in the morning on us1 in florida ***** cops. Obeyed the move over law and was still pulled over cause i passed the cop,then moved over.

Old 07-11-2006, 03:29 AM
Default RE: what made you choose the klx250 over the drz400

O man if i lose this I swear to god I will ****in go off. remeber you heard it hear first. Dont punish people who are obeying the law cause you can write tickets and not a give a **** that there wrong.

Old 07-11-2006, 03:36 AM

My first choice was the Husky TE250, 450, or 510-ruled them out by virtue of $$$!! Second choice was DRZ400-ruled out by $$, weight, and traily worthiness-it is trail worthy, just not as worthy as the KLX..in my opinion. The KLX was the winner by split decision.

Old 07-11-2006, 03:57 AM

PRICE!

The KLX has been reduced here in OZ to $6,500 in 2006 (+ on road costs), the DRZ-400 is still well over $9000.

I've spent a further $1000 on the KLX and got it exactly how I want it and still have change compared to the DRZ.

Mods include:
300cc kit
Dynojet kit
Header pipe and muffler mod
Upgraded fork springs and full rebuild.
Bash plate

The only thing that I would really like is a bigger tank. I don't like the Acerbis style and the IMS sounds like a bit of trouble to fit.

Old 07-11-2006, 04:03 AM

Let me get this right ... you obeyed the move over AFTER you passed the cop? Yeah, that's not obeying the law as it's written. Just sayin.

If I were you, I'd get the DRZ400 and there's a forum for the DRZs on http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/

Old 07-11-2006, 04:16 AM

I chose the KLX because it's cheaper and gets better mileage, and looked like it would still be lots of fun (and it is lots of fun!) I also liked its looks better, for no particular reason. Maybe I like green. As far as your traffic tic; sounds like your attitude needs to change unless you want lots of tix. Try not to think of the cops as "the other side". It really doesn't help anything go better! a penitent attitude and some "yes Officer" can get you out of lots of tickets; a good lawyer can get you out of most of what's left. Facing a judge without a lawyer, and sporting a defiant attitude...means losing every time. Lawyers are worth the money, IMHO. I've tried it both ways! Flame me if you want, but your attitude sucks and will get you into more trouble in court if you don't have a lawyer. Just some advice, take it if ya want to, or not. How you respond to this post will say lots about you.
Doc

Old 07-11-2006, 04:22 AM
1st Gear Member

I suppose the choice falls simply into what you plan to do the most with it. One of the friends that talked me into geting an Enduro owns a 2006 DRZ-400. Several of my buddies could'nt ride with me before as I only had the sport bike, and one of them melted part of his rear fender trying to keep up with my cruising speed on the backroads, so I started diging around the Enduro market.

I got quite a chunk of time on that DRZ-400 and it has tons of power compared to the KLX. Its far, far more comfortable on the street, but is a full 2 inches taller then the KLX, and more then 50-lbs heavier after wet weight, and all that weight sits high on the bike. Offroad.., the thing takes signiciantly more effort to ride on anything worse then gravel roads. It jumps nice and is reasonably balanced ( Suzuki RM suspension componants ) but in anything choppy or any kind of heavy technical trails/riding, its significantly harder to manage. Though that said.., in a straight line, it treks alot more stable in loose dirt and gravel.

In the end.., I chose the KLX after having quite a bit of time on that DRZ.., but I have the ZX-6R for road duty, and I wanted something that would be alot more off-road oriented then what the DRZ could offer. Between its overly high seat height, where the mechanical weight is on the bike, its extra 50+ lbs and its longer wheel base, it just was'nt capable of doing what I wanted without signicantly more effort.

And since having the KLX and the DRZ-400 side by side.., I'm very, very thankfull I got the KLX.

But seriously.., do your best to realistically decide what you are going to be doing with the bike. If most of your time is spent on the road.., then 'most' of the time your going to be happier with something more road worthy. If you plan on using it mostly in the dirt.., then think hard the kind of riding you'll be doing offroad and match the bike accordingly. Many people make the mistake of buying a bike for what they think they want, or chasing dreams or the spotlight of what a pro-rider might choose, and in the end find they are'nt happy with it if it does'nt suite the riding the bike is actually exposed to.

Just my .02.

Old 07-11-2006, 04:51 AM

Youd have an attitude to if someone wrote you a ticket for something you didnt do. I passed the cop and got over. I WAS OBEYING THE LAW. which is to move over when safe to do so or slow down. Trust me on this it was really quick. It was see cops,hey i got to get over, looks in side mirror...uh ooooo passing cops uuuhh ooo cop coming after me.I got over.

cop pulls me over and says i had to slow down. its move over OR slow down. ***** is crazy to think iam gonna slam on the breaks at 55 and swerve just not to go pass a cop.

for real those ****** where in the meadium you no where you turn around k iam driving along 55-60 mph next thing i know i see a cop and try to get over and am really pissed cause i was getting over. my attitude your dam right if something costs you 500.00 and not to mention raise your inurance rates youd have an ATTIttude problem. Iam k till you start fkin with my money. thats food out of my mouth.

Old 07-11-2006, 05:06 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Yeah, good luck with that. Be sure and mention that your taxes pay their salaries - they really like when you say that.

Old 07-11-2006, 05:08 AM

ill tell them this to they arnt serving and protecting me.

Quick Reply: what made you choose the klx250 over the drz400