What I/you did today on the bike

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 06:44 PM
1st Gear Member

2N is carefully placing the washers on top of the clip OR put the clip at 1N with both washers below.. 1.5N is 1N with one washer below and one above the clip. 1N is not usable as there is no room for the washers, as you know..

Old 07-07-2015, 09:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Alright. Thanks a lot.

Old 07-07-2015, 09:48 PM
1st Gear Member

I (after talking tough to my father about how i liked the wind in my face) put on a windscreen to stop the HORDES of bugs/rain/rocks but mostly bugs into the visor!

Seriously cant handle cleaning my visor every 20 minutes...and i cant ride with it covered in gore. lol /wahhh i know.

Really happy with the product, regardless.
https://tciproductsusa.com/index.php...roducts_id=630

Old 07-08-2015, 12:02 AM
1st Gear Member

Looks nice man.

Old 07-08-2015, 01:07 AM
1st Gear Member

Nice, that thing is huge! My spitfire works great also but I had no idea how big that tci one is. I'm not sure about that Edmonton oilers sticker though...I'm all about the Sharks!!! I know, they're choke artists though...I'm still a loyal fan : p

What are you running for those rear racks and do they fit soft or hard luggage?

Old 07-08-2015, 02:16 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by NorCalKLX
Nice, that thing is huge! My spitfire works great also but I had no idea how big that tci one is. I'm not sure about that Edmonton oilers sticker though...I'm all about the Sharks!!! I know, they're choke artists though...I'm still a loyal fan : p

What are you running for those rear racks and do they fit soft or hard luggage?
It might be the camera angle, im 5'10" and it is about nipple height, so feels perfect for me. I went out tonight, and didn't get a single bug on my visor, so ..great success!

The rack is a moose expedition and well built (https://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/moo...1510-0144.html). I think it said something about mountable packs, but im just adding a Seahorse box (Seahorse SE540 Protective Case Without Foam Black | eBay) and mounting it so its removable with this TV mount (Videosecu LCD Monitor TV Mount Flat Panel Wall Mount Maximum Loading 66lbs NEW | eBay). We will see how that goes, if it works like ****, ill just bolt the box right to the rack.

Old 07-23-2015, 01:47 AM
1st Gear Member

Well now what...? I took my wheels off so I can swap my D606s for GP110s for around town. I'm also going to check my wheels/spokes and clean/lube the chassis. I'm at 13k miles and got the bike new, aside from oil changes and a spark plug is there any other stuff you guys do or notice over the years that's good to service while my junk is down?

Old 07-23-2015, 02:28 AM
1st Gear Member

NorCal, it's probably on your list already - steering head bearings & swingarm. They always seem to be under lubed from the assembly line.
I'm in the Bay Area as well(SJ), I'll keep an eye out for a klx with the stars & stripes on the fairing. Mine is green with a Wolfman tailbag living on the back.

Old 07-23-2015, 02:29 AM
1st Gear Member

Suspension fluid change and grease all the bearings on the linkage and swingarm.
My bike hasn't been that clean since 2012, lol.
Looks good, mine doesn't. I'm shopping for new plastic...going from '12 green to all black.
Sourcing multiple years for all the bits...my credit card is going to melt.

Old 07-23-2015, 02:42 AM
1st Gear Member

I added a Seahorse SE520 waterproof case with LCD mount to make it removable (Videosecu LCD Monitor TV Mount Flat Panel Wall Mount Maximum Loading 66lbs NEW | eBay) and a Corbin seat.

Name:  GFxWmBE.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  878.8 KB

Quick Reply: What I/you did today on the bike