What I/you did today on the bike

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 10:38 PM
1st Gear Member

When I'm having fun on my 351, I usually around...42 mpg. That would be min pavement, usually a lot of ROCKS!

Old 11-15-2019, 09:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Installed a new battery as the old one was about to strand me. Wish the bike had a kick starter. Waiting on a new front sprocket to install the new chain I have. Looking at TAT mods to do over the Winter. Cycleracks looks pretty good.

Old 11-25-2019, 12:47 AM
1st Gear Member

New chain, sprockets, and Nemo2 chain oiler installed today. Liked the oiler so much on my Triumph I got the klx one too. Oh, and I added to the herd: 2006 PW80 for the boys' first gasoline motorcycle. Boy whisky throttled it straight away and bashed in my shed doors. Good times.

Old 11-25-2019, 11:43 AM
1st Gear Member

Ordered gold valves off amazon for 125 before taxes. Same part number as racetech so ill see in a week if im correct

Old 11-25-2019, 11:40 PM
drm
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by snappster
Installed a new battery as the old one was about to strand me. Wish the bike had a kick starter. Waiting on a new front sprocket to install the new chain I have. Looking at TAT mods to do over the Winter. Cycleracks looks pretty good.
Cyclerack is a workhorse and provides a lot of crash protection too.

Old 05-02-2020, 07:44 PM
1st Gear Member

I finally got off my *** and installed my replacement KACR spring which was swallowed up by my garage black hole some time back. I also installed a new sparky and cleaned the K&N filter, long overdue, and locktited all the machine screws disturbed today. I have been wanting the KACR reactivated since my BB351 appeared to have killed my starter motor. I can say that the bike cranks faster and started just fine with the spring in place. Those crazy engineers know some stuff. Hope the starter lasts a good while.

Old 05-14-2020, 11:51 PM
1st Gear Member
Default TAT farkling commencment

Got my CycleRacks rack in today. Very well packaged. Welds not works of art, but functional is all I need. Slight distortion but it lined up well with slight persuasion. Picked back wheel off the ground by the tail end of the rack. Beefy. Nice. Got several more items coming in soon and bike will be ready for some warm-up trips around the Shenandoah. Hope to do the eastern TAT next year.

Old 05-15-2020, 06:30 PM
1st Gear Member
Default More TAT Farkles: IMS Pro Series pegs

These came in today. Pretty-shiny! And sharp, might want to knock the sharpness down a bit. Right peg didn't quite fit. The peg fixing pin shoulder to hole distance was a little too short to insert the cotter pin. Looks like a manufacturing or design issue. Thought about getting new shoulder bolts, etc, then decided to drill the cotter hole out to the next larger size in my drill bit collection. That did it, pegs installed.

Shiny!

Bigger.

Old 05-20-2020, 12:37 AM
drm
1st Gear Member
Default Cyclerack

My cyclerack did not have the bracket up top to mount to existing holes. It should be even more robust with that.

Old 06-20-2020, 10:26 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Ricochet skidplate install

Just installed my new Ricochet skidplate. Did everyone use anti-seize compound on the front two bolts per the instructions? What about the lock and flat washers for the other 4 bolts? They make the bolt heads stick out more. I am thinking about using blue Locktite instead of the washers. I have yet to ride with the plate so I don't know how annoyingly loud it will vibrate: what is the consensus on foam or rubber between the engine and plate? Thickness? I am looking around and see old car tires and bicycle inner tubes, might try those, but want to minimize the experimentation, thx. And, the obligatory photo.

Quick Reply: What I/you did today on the bike