What the hell was i thinking

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 05:15 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by neilaction
Bloody hot.

Oh, its the one the rest of the world uses.
Didn't your mother ever teach you?....just because everyone else is doing it doesn't mean you have to.

If all your friends jumped off a cliff, would you?

Old 08-18-2009, 05:19 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by pseacraft
Very nice greenery and some sweet trails. Only 41C? For a canuck that is pretty hot. Just a month ago we were at +50C when geocaching in the sand dunes. You go as far as you can in the soft stuff, summer is worst as the dunes dry out, then hike the remainder. Still a day off and having fun, even hot fun is better than a day working! Hottest I have worked in was 156F in the shade while working in Bahrain, the dome for the antennas was even worse! Could only hande 5 minutes at a crack in there, and we were sweating buckets literally! Where I am now 50C is about the highest we get, give or take a few. The humidity is what really kills you.
I am pulling the bull$hit card twice on you, sir. The hottest temperature on Earth was 136 degrees, in Lbyia.

And the hottest temperature the human body can stand is roughly 140 degrees. If it was 156 you'd freakin' cook........LITERALLY!! Thats where you slow roast meat.

Old 08-18-2009, 05:42 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

nice!i bet the klx could cross that pool

Old 08-18-2009, 07:34 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by how dogg
nice!i bet the klx could cross that pool
Ha..maybe if travis pastrana was riding it

Old 08-18-2009, 07:37 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JasonFMX390514
Didn't your mother ever teach you?....just because everyone else is doing it doesn't mean you have to.

I don't remember mentioning anyone else.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:44 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JasonFMX

Fair enough.
No need to follow others I agree.
But ya gotta admit that taking the difference between the boiling point and freezing point of water (@ sea level) and dividing it by a 100 is a pretty good scale?

Old 08-18-2009, 07:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by neilaction
Fair enough.
No need to follow others I agree.
But ya gotta admit that taking the difference between the boiling point and freezing point of water (@ sea level) and dividing it by a 100 is a pretty good scale?
Ah.....it has its ups and downs. Maybe because I'm use to our system I like it better, but honestly. I feel that C is too large of a scale. 1 of your degree is 1.8 of ours. Thats not precise enough. Its all relative anyway, ya know. Same way with KG, I think they are too large for measuring human weight, not precise enough.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Ah.....it has its ups and downs. Maybe because I'm use to our system I like it better, but honestly. I feel that C is too large of a scale. 1 of your degree is 1.8 of ours. Thats not precise enough. Its all relative anyway, ya know. Same way with KG, I think they are too large for measuring human weight, not precise enough.
You do know they invented these things called decimal points, don't ya.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:16 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Finger Mullet
You do know they invented these things called decimal points, don't ya.

UHH YEAH!!! but if you have to resort to those on a regular basis, your scale isn't precise enough. So, up yours!

How often do we say, its 72.5 degrees? Pretty much never, and if you do, you need an atomic wedgie.

I really like the metric system for its measurement though. That is its strongest suit I think. You just cant beat using millimeters for wrenches. Centimeters are great for measuring height. Much more precise. And the meters and kilometers are spot on.

Old 08-19-2009, 01:37 AM
1st Gear Member

Ah.....it has its ups and downs.
You're a funny man Jason.
Who would have thought temperature would have its ups and downs.

Did you know that the metric system is mainly based on 2 things?
The distance from the north pole to the equator on a straight line through Paris and the properties of water.
1 meter is 1/10,000,000 the the distance from the North Pole to the equator and temperature is as described earlier.
These have now been quantified differently with very stable elements etc etc to compensate for variations in say the distance from the NP to the equator that happen over time.
Everything is multiples of 10 from there.
Energy, volume, speed , weight etc are all derived from these 2 things.

You wouldn't want to go to war with the French but you gotta give em credit for this. Brilliant.

Oh and it appears that only the US, Myanmar and Liberia are the only countries not to adopt it.

Quick Reply: What the hell was i thinking