Old 11-03-2006, 01:15 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: What do you guys think?

nothing say's love like heated hand grips......lol

Old 11-03-2006, 01:20 AM
1st Gear Member

OK.... The worst I ever gave was the Caza Mel cruise on our 25th, The best was the vacuum sweeper on our 26th.

Or did I get that backwards???????

I just wanted her to really appreciate the cruise. As you can imagine, it didn't turn out too good for me!!![:@]

Old 11-03-2006, 01:24 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

a vacume sweeper is not a good idea anytime.....lol

Old 11-03-2006, 01:27 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

My wife and I have been married for 16 years. On our 10 year anniversary we jettison'd the kids to the grandparents and took took weeks to ourselves in beautiful Hawaii. Too much to do and see in just two weeks but we made do. We talk about that trip a lot and have many good memories. Do the romantic get away dude! And when you get back, splurge for the heated grips some lazy Sunday afternoon and surprise her for no reason at all.

Old 11-03-2006, 01:31 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

+1^^

Old 11-03-2006, 04:42 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

ORIGINAL: warski

Deej,

I've been married to the same woman for a bit over 28 years...I've taken the "heat" (pun intended) for a few dumb gift ideas. I think heated grips is a dumb idea. The grips is something you do for her "just because you love her and want her to be comfortable". The anniversary has to "be special". I'm thinking the romantic getaway is a much better idea...

Tom

Well it might be a dumb idea if my wife was some high maintenance city girl, but the fact of the matter is we try and keep things simple, like last year she got me a mixed drink bar set. I was into Gin and Tonics and so for me it was the perfect gift. Now that we are both into bikes, I can't think of a better gift than these heated grips. But I did ask what all of you guys thought, and I value the feed back thus far. Hey maybe we could turn this into a what was the best or worst gift you ever got.

*spits* take 'er to a rip rallyin' good 'ol fashioned tractor pull !! lol lol lol lol j/k

I say the grips are a hell of an idea. But maybe a REALLY nice dinner first, a handmade "I love you" card or summin. and then take her into the after dinner garage and show her the hand grips.... Putty in your hands man.

edit* And congrats on being married for so long man!!!! That's awesome DeeJ.

Old 11-03-2006, 04:59 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Yeah just show here the grips don't really give them to her.

Old 11-03-2006, 09:22 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

My wife and I have been married for 16 years. On our 10 year anniversary we jettison'd the kids to the grandparents and took took weeks to ourselves in beautiful Hawaii. Too much to do and see in just two weeks but we made do. We talk about that trip a lot and have many good memories. Do the romantic get away dude! And when you get back, splurge for the heated grips some lazy Sunday afternoon and surprise her for no reason at all.
This sounds like a great idea! The only thing I could add is don't let her know it was Brian's idea!!!

Old 11-03-2006, 10:43 PM

Deej,

I have been married to the same woman now for 33 years and counting. Dumb gifts are kind of cool if you are into that. However, let's talk about some other, possibly more personalized gifts that might also make her happier.

If you go over to New Enough . com you will see that they have some excellent safety gear on sale that matches your wife's bike and it's only $37.50!

Show her you really care for her and want her around for a long time!

Old 11-04-2006, 12:22 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Marty

Deej,

I have been married to the same woman now for 33 years and counting. Dumb gifts are kind of cool if you are into that. However, let's talk about some other, possibly more personalized gifts that might also make her happier.

If you go over to New Enough . com you will see that they have some excellent safety gear on sale that matches your wife's bike and it's only $37.50!

Show her you really care for her and want her around for a long time!

Thanks for the idea Marty, but She already has all the gear now.
Name:  Picture_0316.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  119.6 KB

Quick Reply: What do you guys think?