What do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 08:42 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default What do you guys think?

Well December 11th is going to be 13 years for me and the little lady, and I was trying to think of a real practical gift. Last year I got her ANOTHER RING! Well this year I thought of something that she can really use. Feel free to let me know what you guys, and especially gals think of the choice. Keep in mind that when we went riding on Monday her hands according to her were "freezing" It was about 45 degrees and I guess I don't feel the wind as much as most since I got the spoilers for my hand guards.

http://www.lockitt.com/AccessoriesGrips3.htm#oxhg

Old 11-02-2006, 09:49 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: What do you guys think?

ORIGINAL: deej

Well December 11th is going to be 13 years for me and the little lady, and I was trying to think of a real practical gift. Last year I got her ANOTHER RING! Well this year I thought of something that she can really use. Feel free to let me know what you guys, and especially gals think of the choice. Keep in mind that when we went riding on Monday her hands according to her were "freezing" It was about 45 degrees and I guess I don't feel the wind as much as most since I got the spoilers for my hand guards.

http://www.lockitt.com/AccessoriesGrips3.htm#oxhg

Get her some cheap handguards that cover better and put the heated grips on your bike.

Or, take her to the Cannery Hotel. We did this for our 15th last year and had a great time. It's a really nice place with excellent views just under the Astoria Bridge. Big ships going by all day.

When you get back, put the heated grips on the clean green machine.

Old 11-02-2006, 02:49 PM
1st Gear Member

I had some of those on my atv, they make a world of difference!!!! Especially here in Canada eh

Old 11-02-2006, 04:57 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

aaawwwwww deej how romantic.......lol[sm=goodidea.gif]

Old 11-02-2006, 05:46 PM
1st Gear Member

Yea my wife is always cold, hates mornings, but loves to go camping.......WHAT THE???

Old 11-02-2006, 06:18 PM
1st Gear Member

Buy her a new wash mitt so that she can help you keep the bikes clean!!!![sm=badidea.gif][sm=icon_beat.gif][sm=chairshot.gif]

Old 11-02-2006, 09:13 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

LMAO^^^^^

Old 11-02-2006, 09:20 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

First off deej congrats on 13 Years well once Dec 11th arrives. those sound like a good idea now that she is riding with you. wish my wife enoyed the same interests but hey it has lasted so far 11 years.

Old 11-02-2006, 09:36 PM
1st Gear Member

Deej,

I've been married to the same woman for a bit over 28 years...I've taken the "heat" (pun intended) for a few dumb gift ideas. I think heated grips is a dumb idea. The grips is something you do for her "just because you love her and want her to be comfortable". The anniversary has to "be special". I'm thinking the romantic getaway is a much better idea...

Tom

Old 11-02-2006, 11:50 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: warski

Deej,

I've been married to the same woman for a bit over 28 years...I've taken the "heat" (pun intended) for a few dumb gift ideas. I think heated grips is a dumb idea. The grips is something you do for her "just because you love her and want her to be comfortable". The anniversary has to "be special". I'm thinking the romantic getaway is a much better idea...

Tom

Well it might be a dumb idea if my wife was some high maintenance city girl, but the fact of the matter is we try and keep things simple, like last year she got me a mixed drink bar set. I was into Gin and Tonics and so for me it was the perfect gift. Now that we are both into bikes, I can't think of a better gift than these heated grips. But I did ask what all of you guys thought, and I value the feed back thus far. Hey maybe we could turn this into a what was the best or worst gift you ever got.

Quick Reply: What do you guys think?