What do you do for a living

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 05:40 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: What do you do for a living

I do basically what hoedogg and deej does except I work for a local city goverment. The city owns houses and apartment buildings and thats what we work on. The largest building we work at doesnt have a fire pump that big though. Plus we only have 2 booster pumps. Dont get me started on pressure assist toilets. They served a purpose when the 1.6 gal toilets first came out but now since they started glazing the traps they are no longer needed, at least not around here anyway.

Old 09-14-2006, 07:32 AM

ASE Auto Tech. Mostly drivability issues on pretty much any brand.

Deej. NICE FISH!!

Old 09-14-2006, 07:59 AM
1st Gear Member

Computer nerd ... I mean "IT Senior Technical Architect".

I used to work for Systemhouse, one of Canada's premier system integrators, but we were bought by a EDS, so now outsourcing is our bread and butter.

By day, my specialty is Knowledge Management / Content Management / Document Managment, however, it all boils down to one thing: I design systems and beat up technology to make it do what the users need done.

By night (in between www.KawasakiForums.com binges), I'm developing an artifical intelligence framework on which virtually all other AI technologies can build upon. (Yeah, I know it sounds ambitious ... because it is.)

My formal education, though, is in Mechanical Engineering - which probably explains why I start heading for my bike whenever I get a tool in my hand.

Oh oh, I hear a subroutine calling me ...

Old 09-14-2006, 08:13 AM

Black market dealer for illegal fire arms and also sell the most narcatics in the U.S today. --j/k , Im still going to high school and planning on getting a part time job once i get my bike repaired. So basically all i do is school , ride , sleep.

Old 09-14-2006, 08:47 AM

Fedex Pilot.

Old 09-14-2006, 11:38 PM

crash, fire , rescue fireman at an airport at the grand canyon before that i was a structural firefighter, before that a emergancy med. tech and before tht i was a crab fisherman out of Dutch Harbor AK. its all fun, even when the cops show up lol

Old 09-14-2006, 11:49 PM

Financial Analyst for CA and a student at night. Not quite as exciting or dangerous as some of you jobs but pays the bills.

Old 09-15-2006, 01:29 AM

I fly amphibious Cessna Caravans between Manhatten (east 23rd st. seaplane base) and East Hampton (airport mostly). When the summer season is over I fly a Hawker 400 (really old bizjet) to warmer places. www.shorelineaviation.com

Eric

Old 09-15-2006, 03:02 AM

I'm in IT and I'm going to be outsourced soon ! loolol...god that hurts. they say in the news that america has to import more IT people from overseas and i think that's a lot of BS.
oh well, that's life.

Old 09-15-2006, 03:25 AM
1st Gear Member

Damn, my job sucks compared to most. I help developers buy contaminated properties......then I get them cleaned to the minimum state & federal requirements and assist them with their initial permitting and ground breaking.

But since I live in S. FL, I do get a few waterfront projects and its always fun to show up to work in your flats boat.

Quick Reply: What do you do for a living