What do you Bring????

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 04:45 PM
1st Gear Member
Default What do you Bring????

What does everyone take with them when you go on a off-road ride? I take my camelback and a 1/2 roll of toilet paper. (tired of using one of my socks)

Just curious. Should make for a fairly entertaining thread....

Old 03-20-2009, 04:51 PM
1st Gear Member

theres a thread like this already,,,

But,, I carry, 2 Flares, Saftey Blanket,, you know the shiny one lol,, 2 pounchos, Whistle, Compass, some Dried Food, snacks,, Camelback, Extra bottle of water, 2 Lighters, Extra Smokes, Weed, Pipe, Firestarter sticks, First Aid Kit, Snake Bite Kit, Knife, small tarp, and spool of small rope. Hey better safe than sorry lol,, here everywhere I ride, there is no Cell phone service, so thats out of the question.. but Im looking at the courthouse here lately for topographical maps of the areas I ride,, just in case.... And all this fits in my backpack lol.. It does weigh but I dont wanna be stranded with nothing... I pretty much have a portable camp site lol.. all except pots and pans but I dont need them,, Veinna saugages for the win lol

Old 03-20-2009, 04:52 PM
1st Gear Member

oh and the cool thing about the blanket and paunchos and tarp,, its all in little tiny packages

Old 03-20-2009, 05:08 PM
1st Gear Member

My wallet and a case of Busch Light.

Old 03-20-2009, 05:12 PM
1st Gear Member

I try to pack light, but only bring the necessities:

camelbak full of water
some sugary snacks
some beef jerky
duct tape
about 20ft of string (snare traps, haha)
pipe
medicinal herbs
lighter
cell phone
butt-wipe paper

That's about it usually.. Figure that should be about all I need to make a shelter and find some food if need be.

Old 03-20-2009, 05:16 PM
1st Gear Member

you know,, I really outta bring duct tape to lol,, oh and I do carry an extra flash light

Old 03-20-2009, 08:07 PM
1st Gear Member

+1 to much of the things already listed. I also carry a folded up piece of coat hanger(wire will temp fix many things) small hose clamp( use it to clamp a patch over a leaking hose).
For the duct tape unroll some and, then fold about 3" over and stick it to itself (sticky sides together) then continue to fold tape around the little 3" square you started with (sticky side to silver side now) . Fold/roll up as much of it as you want and you will end up with a flat little pack of duct tape that you can unroll the same as if it were on a big roll.

whistle rope

Old 03-20-2009, 08:20 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I take all kinds of stuff. I carry of course extra fuel, even if I think I'm only going to ride 50 miles round trip. A couple of first aid kits, GPS and extra batteries, extra battery for the Blackberry, Camelbak, food, tire irons and lots of tools, Camera, Latex gloves in case I have to work on the bike, extra riding gloves, pocket knife and multi tool Swiss Army, water, maps, three flashlights (compact) and of course extra batteries for those. Fuses, matches, extra master link, extra spark plug, and what ever else I can think of. Oh and 75% of what I just mentioned is already on my bike at all times in my tank bag. I love the Pelican case and the tank bag.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:21 PM
1st Gear Member

Does anyone know a good backpack you can buy? Preferably online or off ebay, my backpack sux.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:22 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Oh and + 1 on toilet paper, I haven't been taking that lately, but I suppose I need to put it back on my list.

Quick Reply: What do you Bring????