What do guys think of this?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 07:23 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default RE: What do guys think of this?

Those were the good old days. I was still young and stupid.

Arnold absolutely ruled back then. Only Michael Jordan might have been higher on the cool scale.[8D]

Old 08-22-2007, 07:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Was it an XR100 that john conner was riding through the canal? that thing was sweet [&:]

Old 08-22-2007, 07:35 PM

I think it was a DR100 I had one just like it.

Old 08-22-2007, 07:38 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stellar_d

Was it an XR100 that john conner was riding through the canal? that thing was sweet [&:]
I'm not sure. But you can pretty much bet your a$$ that it was no XR100 used during the chase scene. That was some stunt double on a tricked out big bore dirtbike. You see the freakin' power wheelies it would do?

Old 08-22-2007, 07:43 PM
1st Gear Member

I was just reading that it was an XR100 in his garage, but they dubbed over the sound with a 2 stroke bike of some kind. And they actually did use a bigger bike because the stunt double was much bigger than the actor. Go figure, hollywood making a little bike do the impossible.

Old 08-22-2007, 09:42 PM

Buying a Versys in the spring. Sat on one in the dealership. Feels great. Sport bikes kill my wrists. Versys has a nice upright riding position. Bike has been in Europe, Canada, and Australia for a few years and is pretty popular. Lots of video on YOUTUBE with the Versys, all overseas.

Old 08-22-2007, 10:53 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Old 08-22-2007, 11:38 PM

That is a nice Kawasaki! I'll bet it would be a great bike to take on some really curvy roads. A sport bike has it's place on the track butthey arenot comfortable bikes. I have spent the last 25 years trying to convince myself and others that sport bikes are comfortable but now that I have ridden and owned other types of bikes. I have a lot more fun on bikes with an upright seating position similar to the Versys.

Most riders will be faster on bikes like this than on more focused and fast handling sport bikes. When I go to the mountains and ride a 65 HP supermoto and leave all my friends and most other sport bikes behind it just confirms that. There are exceptions but most sport bike riders can't ride the bike like it is supposed to be ridden anyway. So, if you want a bike that is fun and comfortable, don't follow the masses. Get what you want!

Nice tact Iowaguy! Making friends as usual.

Old 08-22-2007, 11:39 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FM_Thumper

ORIGINAL: stellar_d

I'm torn between one of them or a Fat Boy.
[sm=chairshot.gif]

Definitely get the sport bike for now. You can get the Hardley Ableson when you are old and fat. [sm=exactly.gif]
Hey!!!!!! I resemble that remark!!!![sm=lol.gif]

Quick Reply: What do guys think of this?