What boots do you wear riding?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 10:28 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: What boots do you wear riding?

I have alpinestars tech 3 and itis a pretty good boot for the money. When I am going to just ride on the road I wear a pair of work boots with steel toes. But when I'm going to hit the trail MX boots are the way to go. Breaking in MX boots sucks[:'(] but once you get use to them you will never ride off road without them![sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 10-05-2007, 01:09 AM
1st Gear Member

I also have alpinestar tech 3, but not totally comfy in them yet. I use steel tip workboots, and a pair of soccer shin guards that go under the pants. They've saved me a few times with tree limbs sneaking up and smacking off my foot/shin area. Also not sure about raising the gear shifter> I tried it and it would not go in small increments, just one really big move. Not sure what the problem is.

Old 10-05-2007, 03:53 AM
1st Gear Member

I ride with a pair of AlpineStars Vector - almost instant break-in period. They make for a good dual-sport boot with just three buckles plus are flexible in the ankle, more so than most but that's what I like (don't feel like Frankenstein when I need to walk in them) - Love 'em, a great 5-star boot!

Name:  BOOTS.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  58.9 KB

Online review (when the boot first came out several years ago):

The Alpinestars Vector Boot is without a doubt the most radical looking boot we've ever seen! With its funky new sole and space-age styling, the Vectors drew stares whenever we wore them. Just where does the Vector fit into the Alpinestars line of boots? Basically, the Vector is mid-level MX boot that is priced the same as the popular Tech 6. Alpinestars indicated that the Vector is indeed intended for MX use and dual-purpose use.

And just how are the Vectors? The Vector boot is far and away the most comfortable MX boot we've ever worn. Slipping the Vectors on is like easing into a pair of comfortable skate shoes that are well broken in. The sole, though it looks strange, doesn't really feel that different while riding. We expected it to have a spongy feel, but with the same steel shank inside, it felt just like a Tech 8 on the pegs. The Vector's biggest downfall, though, is the floppy feel in the ankle area. Unlike the Tech 6 and Tech 8 line, the Vectors are extremely flexible in the ankle. The cut in the ankle area is much larger, and we ran the buckles adjusted all the way in. The Vector, unlike the rest of the Alpinestars line, features only three buckles. The top buckle isn't really a buckle at all-it's a strap! One adjusted properly, the quick release mechanism is easy to close and open, though we would prefer four, traditional cam buckles.

Old school riders who don't like a lot of resistance in the ankle area will love the Vector.

Old 10-05-2007, 05:03 AM
1st Gear Member

Mark, they don't look like that anymore after your "crash"!