whadja all get for christmas??

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 02:53 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default RE: whadja all get for christmas??

Oh, and not exactly for Christmas, but I also have a TM36 pumper on the way for my bike, plus a TM33 pumper for the wife's Super Sherpa.
Cannot wait until those arrive!

Old 12-28-2007, 07:10 AM
1st Gear Member

A new set of bars (Protaper SE in Windham)
An electric toothbrush
A new PSU for my PC (old one was shot)
3 shirts
Money
Couple of albums by Medeski Martin & Wood

Old 12-28-2007, 02:59 PM

I got some Gerbing (electric/cold weather) gloves for my roadbike (they hook intomy liner).

And ... a wallet.

Old 12-28-2007, 07:53 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ow ow FM capping on me! good one bro
ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

ORIGINAL: Shadetree

ORIGINAL: Dragone#19

Nice looking boot. How is the ankle protection on that? I am happy with the sidi boots as well. Did not think that there was any break in time for them actually.
These boots are great, but your question about ankle protection suggests good observation on your part. There is really none against twist or hyperextension...as my right ankle will attest. I got my ankle caught under my handlebar when my front wheel washed out on hard pack. My right foot was pushed down and twisted to the left... hard. This was two months ago and it isn't well yet. I got a pair of Alpinestar Tech 7's for real, honest to goodness ankle support. For a dual sport boot, the Sidi Discoveries are the best. Waterproof, comfortable to ride or walk in, and not bad looking for general public appearances. But as was previously said, don't expect them to work for all out motocross work...or crashing! The Tech 7's are like a plastic cast. Fairly comfortable, but I wouldn't want to walk far in them. And I can't shift without total lift and stomp action. Had to move my shifter up a bit to make room. It's all give and take.

Bill Dragoo
Norman, Oklahoma
+1....in my best Hoedog voice....the Sidi's are good but weak in the ankle protection department.

Old 12-28-2007, 07:56 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

oh got some meguirers MC plastic polish, dukes of hazard RC car and a SONY cyber shot digital camera[8D]

Old 12-28-2007, 08:16 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

My sweetie got me a new set of Kenda Trackmasters and MSR tubes, and 48-tooth rear sprocket, a120-link X-ring chain, and a Bell Sprinthelmet for some highwayriding. She's the greatest!

Old 12-28-2007, 10:43 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hoedogg

oh got some meguirers MC plastic polish, dukes of hazard RC car and a SONY cyber shot digital camera[8D]
Let me know how the plastic polish works. I've always been a fan of Mequires. I think thier wax and polish is better than the rest but nothing to really get excited about until I tried the NXT Generation wax. Holy crap this stuff is awesome! I picked up some a few weeks ago and tried a little on my tank. (the tank that hasn't seen the road yet) This stuff brought out a shine on this new paint like you wouldn't believe! I then did my tank on my KLX and same high gloss shine. I highly suggest trying some.

Old 12-29-2007, 03:38 AM
1st Gear Member

all you lucky ducks... I was lucky enough to get a pair of moose riding pants with hip pads. except there too small (size 32) which i usually am but these seem to be super tight. Anyone wanna trade something? hehehe my girl hit it big this year and got me skid plates for my range rover classic needless to say i'm STOKED... Allowing me to get my weekly off road fix with out weather standing in my way!

Old 12-30-2007, 10:02 PM
1st Gear Member
Default x- mas gift saved my lever

my new cycra handguards worked as expected today and saved my levers during a minor ejection on the trail today. these things are rock solid and i'd highly recommend them. i wish my wheels were as lucky. my front rim took a hit so hard it is dented out on both sides, and the rear is dented out only on the right side. bead appears to be intact though. i'm just going to hammer the dents back in with a rubber mallet. if this is a great idea, let me know right away. if it is a terrible idea and i'm going to ruin my bike and bring along the end of the world, just please don't respond. i go around worried all of the time that i've totally screwed up my bike, and negativity makes me mental. when my trakmaster II's come in this week, i'll go ahead and put on rim-locks. they just go in the unused hole that has the rubber cap, right? no need to drill, as far as i can see. i ordered the 110/18 rear and 80/21 front. sounds like the correct sizes, right?

Old 12-31-2007, 05:03 AM
Default RE: x- mas gift saved my lever

My wife surprised me with 2 days of Ed Bargy's racing school at little Talladega! I can't wait. I have been wanting to go to this school for a while now. It's time to get my ZX ready. I think I am going to take my Super Moto also.

Quick Reply: whadja all get for christmas??