Well guys, MY BIKE IS DONE!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 04:29 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Well guys, MY BIKE IS DONE!!!!!!

[tyler]I'm back!
I'm back in the saddle again
I'm back!
I'm back in the saddle again
[/tyler]

Cool beans!

Willum
TC
Wichita Falls, TX

Old 12-08-2006, 05:22 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey, Eric. Glad you're back in the saddle again. A test of patience, no doubt. Hey. Keep the intake parts higher than the mud-top levels for a'while, ok? What you pump in does it's thing and then gets stuck on the way out. Less liquid, more finesse, pal.

Happy motoring!

Shadetree

Old 12-08-2006, 12:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Man, I'm happy for ya! I've followed you ordeal so closely that it's almost as if it's my own bike coming back.

I know the feeling though. The only thing that keeps me from going into total withdrawl is my winter mod's program. Just ripped out the carb heat components today in prep for when the pumper carb arrives. Had to drain the anti-freeze in the process, so will get more coolant and either fill this weekend, or maybe sometime next week.

Old 12-08-2006, 01:07 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Thanks for all your support guys, you guys have an idea of what it would be like. Yea it didnt go to bad yesterday in the snow, i took a ride up the street, slush and snow on the roads while it was snowing, got some funny looks...lol.. it was in the mid 20's, today its in the teens... It was running great, i tested it out at the bike shop, they have a big lot, and a big gravel area, runs awsome. The reason that it wasnt running right when i took it in, the valves were just that off, but now it runs great. No more noise. It will run even better with the big gun on, stupid boat achor, my packing should be here early next week. Ill take some pics of it, its the racetools repacking.
The wife ok'ed me to get some more bling before TDAII, im gonna try to get the moose green handle bars, green grips, and my folding mirrors.. but first a new a set of tires....

thanks for your support.

Old 12-08-2006, 02:25 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

haha, didnt see this, look in the upper left hand corner of the pic on the top of the bench, you can see the big gun outside can, end cap, and the core is standing up, and the header is hanging from the drawer....

Old 12-10-2006, 06:18 AM
1st Gear Member

Eric,

Congrats man!!! It might be cold out, but thats good working weather for putting that BIG GUN on and jetting the carb so your ready for FLORIDA!!!!

Not as good as *****, but pretty damn close in the fun dept.

Old 12-10-2006, 02:18 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

lol.... yea today is going to be around 50, so ill be out riding today!!! get the new packing broken in on the big gun.

Old 12-11-2006, 01:48 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

OK guys, i just want to get your opinions, my bike still makes a little noise. But he took it all apart so if something obviously was wrong he would have cought it... but i just want you guys to hear it... my digital camera did ok with capturing the sound.... let me know what you guys think... does it still sound to loud... its nothing like it was before.....

sound clip of my motor, with big gun w/ vortex insert

Old 12-11-2006, 01:59 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

That doesn't sound good, I think you got a bum exhaust cam and its not staying in the off position. DANG!!

Old 12-11-2006, 03:06 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

The clicking does come through on the clip and I can hear it. Could it be cam chain slap? That was the culprit here and seems to be fairly common with the KXL300 which is nearly identicle to the KLX250S in that respect:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=402759

Quick Reply: Well guys, MY BIKE IS DONE!!!!!!