weight reduction?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 06:29 PM
1st Gear Member
Default weight reduction?

what is the most weight you have managed to knock off your klx? and how much does it weigh now? also, what did u do? hahaha and dont say something cheeky like "i went on a diet"...good day kind sir's

Old 05-04-2009, 01:03 AM
1st Gear Member
Old 05-04-2009, 01:10 AM
1st Gear Member
Old 05-04-2009, 06:33 AM
1st Gear Member

I took off the rack, the number plate stuff, the instruments and headlight brackets (they weigh heaps), replaced instruments with a Trailtech Vapor and the headlight with a 1980's KLX/KDX headlight

Old 05-04-2009, 04:08 PM
1st Gear Member

nice articles neil....thank you kind sir....thank you as well maverickaus....you aussie's know your **** when it comes to dualsporting...i would love to ride in australia, ****, id love to visit it really....maverick, how much weight did all that knock off your bike? noticeable difference?

oh yeah, is it true that kangaroo's, especially the western red roo's, are aggressive, and sometimes downright rude and nasty? haha i heard that they can be spiteful like babboons can be sometimes by them throwing their feces at people...seriously, in south africa, after i ignored this one baboon, he LITERALLY put his hand under his anus, took a massive dookie, and then chucked it right at my face...and lets just say they have pinpoint accuracy...hahaha, i just think it would be cool to be riding alongside kangaroo's, as long as they wouldnt knock me off my bike and try to steal it...

Old 05-04-2009, 05:44 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I got rid of 40 lbs, made a huge difference. ATKINS BABY!!! All meat...all the time.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:13 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by kpwestmo
oh yeah, is it true that kangaroo's, especially the western red roo's, are aggressive, and sometimes downright rude and nasty?
Ha Ha Ha,
I have had some very close shaves when trail riding.
Their not out to get you or anything it's just that they are not the brightest animal on the planet.
So when your hooting down a bush track and come across some roos, they suddenly feel the urge to jump right in front of you.
Last ride out there was 17 of is a group riding through bush down around Margeret River.
Probably saw 20 or so Roos one morning.
1 got hit. Fortunatly only a little one so no damage to the bike or rider. But the roo?.........well he didn't fair so well.
I got so close to 1 roo that in his panic to get away he jumped over my front wheel!
The 2 guys riding behind tought I was a goner but it missed me by inches.
We don't get the real big ones around here.
Maybe max 4' or so.
Still, enough to hurt.

Last edited by neilaction; 05-05-2009 at 12:37 AM.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:16 AM
1st Gear Member

hahah that sounds cool....where you ride is more important than what you ride and how you ride, in my opinion...one day before i day ima ride with the roo's myself...heh heh

Old 05-05-2009, 03:06 AM
1st Gear Member

All the weight removed (stock exhaust & bars & stock pegs, helmet lock, kickstand switch, oem tool bag, passenger pegs, rear fender, etc...) was added back on - hand guards, stabilizer, radiator guards, oversized pegs, hd tubes, skid plate (soon), etc... still around 305# gassed up

Last edited by RaceGass; 05-05-2009 at 03:18 AM.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:36 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RaceGass
All the weight removed (stock exhaust & bars & stock pegs, helmet lock, kickstand switch, oem tool bag, passenger pegs, rear fender, etc...) was added back on - hand guards, stabilizer, radiator guards, oversized pegs, hd tubes, skid plate (soon), etc... still around 305# gassed up
Good point. Swings and roundabouts.
Do I read right, you have a stabaliser/steering dampener fiited?
How do you find it?

Quick Reply: weight reduction?