1st Gear Member

looks like fun mang! i love the bus /house

Old 09-24-2008, 03:17 AM
1st Gear Member

I like the sticker to.

Old 09-30-2008, 03:42 PM
1st Gear Member

DON'T FORGET the ROAD KILL CAFE !!!

Me and a friend are going up the 10th (Friday) to ride and camp. We plan to do a night run and then a morning run and head home around noon Saturday. If anyone is interested let me know.

Since we have plates, we not only run the offroad loop (did you do the back side, much more challenging but maybe not a good idea with the kid) but we ride all the other camp roads. If you go up there Monday - Thursday you can also ride the offroad loop in the other opposite direction....vehicles with plates are NOT constrained by the one way rule but you'll kill yourself if you try it on a weekend. Fridays sometimes. It's actually a totally different ride with totally different challenges !

I can't remember how to tell you to get to the cafe, but it's an awesome little resteraunt behind a hardware store.

Old 09-30-2008, 06:31 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by rkutzner
DON'T FORGET the ROAD KILL CAFE !!!

Me and a friend are going up the 10th (Friday) to ride and camp. We plan to do a night run and then a morning run and head home around noon Saturday. If anyone is interested let me know.

Since we have plates, we not only run the offroad loop (did you do the back side, much more challenging but maybe not a good idea with the kid) but we ride all the other camp roads. If you go up there Monday - Thursday you can also ride the offroad loop in the other opposite direction....vehicles with plates are NOT constrained by the one way rule but you'll kill yourself if you try it on a weekend. Fridays sometimes. It's actually a totally different ride with totally different challenges !

I can't remember how to tell you to get to the cafe, but it's an awesome little resteraunt behind a hardware store.
Never heard of the Road Kill Cafe. The backside is more challenging especially the 'rock climb' section. We're heading up there the second weekend in October.

I just dropped my KDX of at the stealership for a fresh top end so if it's finished in time, I might just head up there this weekend too

Mike

Old 10-01-2008, 01:40 PM
1st Gear Member

Check out this writeup for the Road Kill Cafe...your kid will love it. You'll eat in the back of a middle of nowhere hardware store on picnic tables surrounded by hunting/fishing supplies. The food is inexpensive and plentiful.

http://www.wamonline.com/fall2003/roadkillcafe.htm

Oh, yeah the sign is covered with grease as it sits under the grease vent...on the front of the building.

We will be up there the 10th and 11th. If you will be there let me know and we can meet up for a ride. We are in our 40s, don't cuss or drink so we won't be a bad influence on your son ! I've been riding about 5 years and Joe has been riding forever. Feel free to email me at rkutzner@carr.org if you're thinking of meeting up with us, it might influence if we pick a trail camp site or an off trail campsite (since the CRF isn't legal on the other roads).

Rich

Old 10-02-2008, 06:55 PM
1st Gear Member

Do you remember when that 'rock climb' section used to be a lot tougher before they started 'scraping' it a few years back? Used to have ruts that could swallow you and a field of softball and larger sized rocks at that real steep S curve. It's still challenging now, and I prefer it this way compared to before.