Weapon experts

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 02:01 PM
1st Gear Member

It's funny that were talking about guns on a KLX forum,there are plenty of gun forums out there. But since you brought it up here my $.02 worth. I have Sig Sauer P220 with a Crimson Trace laser (.45 cal) and I love it. Accurate and extremely reliable, a little big for concealed carry but it can be done. I also have a Bulgarian Makarov. I paid $159.00 for it and it shoots great and is very reliable. Functionally it is a copy of the Walther PPK but shoots a hotter 9.2x18mm round. green242 it does suck to live in a place that you have to worry about needing a gun, however the vast majority of places in the US are very safe. Detroit,Pontiac,Flint as most large american cities do however have places that aren't so safe. The media in this country and especially abroad love to sensationalize gun crime in the US. Most people from other countries that haven't been to the US think we're dodging bullets everywhere all the time. The US is the third most populated country in the world now and has always had a hetrogeneous competitive "diverse" population. Not mostly coperative homogeneous populations like Australia,England,NZ and Canada.There are also many countries that have strict gun laws and have high gun crime,like Mexico, Serra Leon, South Africa,Guatemala, Columbia,etc.If you think the illegal drug trade in this country is bloody and violent(which by the way is responsible for most of the gun crime) wait until you see an illegal gun trade. I read a statistic some where that stated only 3% of gun crime in this country was committed by people with legally obtained firearms.

Old 02-23-2009, 02:34 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by redpillar
an armed society has lots of gun deaths
"armed" does not necessarily = guns

look at england - they practicaly banned all weapons including knives and pointy sticks.

guess which country has the most deaths from stabbings...

by banning weapons (a written law) you only affect the people who choose to abide the law (ie people who don't plan to use it for criminal purposes)

an armed society is a polite society

Old 02-23-2009, 02:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by green242
I will say, IMO, I have no problem with the govt giving me a hard time about owning something that's main use, and sole purpose is to hunt humans, other than just target practice. I also have no problem with the govt not letting my crazy neighbour have a human hunting weapon either.

Sometimes something that is meant for self defence, can end up being used for something else.

I know there are ALOT of people here that will disagree with me, growing up in the "armed societies". That's going to happen. But I do think we are onto a good discussion, even if it isn't bike related.
yes and a steal toed boot can be a leathal weapon when uses as such. Our society has become too comfortable with blaiming inanimate objects instead of the people using them for harm.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by green242
and don't trust me.. like a vegetarian?? haha..
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyep, and I also could of thrown "super religious people" in there too. Because if you ever look, people like that are really weird and are so caught up in their "progressive" attitude, that they end up progressing right past reality.

Most of you anti gun people aren't from the US, you should see situation where us gun owners want and need guns for. Like I said earlier, targeting in itself is great fun. Animal protection is another, and of course, people breaking into you house, mugging, etc. This is all VERY real stuff and it happens. So basically being anti gun, your saying you don't have the right to protect yourself which is extreme nonsense in its highest degree and has to be one of the most unintelligent things I've ever heard in my life.

Thats why I say its just dumb, theres absolutely no realism in it at all. I bet if you were getting held up with a guy with a freakin 14" knife (which could be home made even if you country bans them) and your buddy pulls out a .357 and scares him off..........without ever even firing a shot. You'd be real happy your not laying there bleeding to death in excruciating pain because the guy stabbed ya anyway even though you gave him your cash.

Anti gun people live in a fantasy land. I own a gun for protection, I have a license for it, and stamped right on the thing it says "self protection". In hopes much like an insurance policy, it will never have to be used.

I've never heard a reasonable, intelligent reason that we shouldn't have guns yet. Everyone been an idealistic fantasy land nonesense idea. Like how in Oregen and California you can't even smoke outside. I'm a non smoker, but holy freaking crap....giving people tickets for smoking ALONE IN THEIR OWN VEHICLES, just because they are parked in the wrong place is ridiciulous. Or like in Portalnd, you have to stand on certain parts of the street to smoke. Yet cars are burning millions of barrels of oil a day... yeah that makes sense.
________
VAPORIZER REVIEW

Last edited by JasonFMX; 03-29-2011 at 08:47 AM.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Heres a perfect example of why you need guns. Here's a vid clip of The Great William Shatner demonstrating PROPER gun control.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yJ7cfr9Lso
________
VAPOR BUDDIE

Old 02-23-2009, 09:23 PM
1st Gear Member
Thumbs up 1911

I personally prefer the 1911 base. Its very solid and feels great if you have small hands.

I don't know why the military went from .45 to 9mm, I would assume cost. I will say this though, I would prefer to use a 1911 than a Beretta 9mm.

I persoanally own 4 hand guns and 1 rifle. I own a Ruger .45, a Taurus 9mm, a Beretta .40, and a walther .22 the rifle is a Winchester 7 mag.

My next purchase will be the Kimber Ultra Carry II. Its based on the 1911 but exremely compact and easy to carry. Great weaponat only 25 oz.

http://www.kimberamerica.com/pistols/ultracarry/

Old 02-23-2009, 10:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by roadglider
it does suck to live in a place that you have to worry about needing a gun
This is all I am talking about.. So calm down there fellas.

Just as a reminder, I am talking about hand guns. Not a rifles or shotguns.

I do happen to live in one of those fantasy lands, where I don't have any reason to own a handgun. And, if I had the choice to live where some of you live, where you feel you need a handgun if you are going to survive, I would definetly stay where I am. I am NOT anti-gun. You do what you gotta do to survive. And thankfully, I do not need to own a handgun to survive where I am. I will stay here.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:28 PM
1st Gear Member

Green:
Good to hear. I own a gun for targeting, but have a conceal carry liscence for protection....and I honestly didn't wish I had to. Not so much for my sake but I worry for my wife mainly. It scares me, espeically when the cops tell YOU to do your own investigative/police work instead of them and every other week you see a cop in the paper getting busted for some illegal activity. Its like we're on our own.

Xplosive:
The reason the military went from .45 to 9mm is because of more ammo and less recoil. Less recoil means more user friendly, more broad range of users such as people with smaller frames like females, better accuracy, and the more rounds they figure a soldier has, the more effective he/she is. Its the same with using a 5.56. vs a 7.62.

I don't agree with and neither do alot of others but we dont make the rules I guess.

Another comment. If I had to pick between carrying a gun for pretection and the government getting off its *** and fixing crime, I obviously would pick the latter. Like look at Mexico. Law abiding citizens cant carry a gun but all the drug lords do....WTF??

second ninja comment: Its funny, there have been several gun threads here,...this is the first to talk about gun laws.
________
MONTANA DISPENSARIES

Old 02-24-2009, 02:42 AM
1st Gear Member

The reason Americans have the right to bear arms is to defend ourselves from a tyrannical government per the Constitution. Also some of our states with the strictest gun laws also have the highest gun crimes. Some of you anti gunners are clearly brainwashed by your local sissy liberal government/media. With our new admin we will be feed the same bull****.

Another note: You can be robbed, raped, murdered, carjacked, etc anyplace anytime. Doesn't matter where you live.

I am gun nut brat I guess. I also love the 1911 Style Guns, but my Keltec P9 is my favorite.

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/4499/guns2fl1.jpg
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/859/guns1mt5.jpg

Old 02-24-2009, 03:24 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by hancadam
Another note: You can be robbed, raped, murdered, carjacked, etc anyplace anytime. Doesn't matter where you live.
Really, Oh my, thanks for letting me know. I had no idea.

Quick Reply: Weapon experts