Weapon experts

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 03:59 PM
1st Gear Member

I don't blame you. I would too if I was in your position.

Old 02-22-2009, 04:07 PM
1st Gear Member

Don't buy something to big to carry. I have several full-sized pistols that I never carry. I never leave the house w/o my keltec p32 loaded with Winchester Silvertips. A mouse gun to some, but it's ALWAYS with me, God forbid, if I ever need it.

Old 02-22-2009, 04:13 PM
1st Gear Member

i picked this up this week:

.38 +p Airweight S&W

Im not even gonna waste my time with the comments about unarmed societies. I will say this though. If it wasnt for the fact every house in the US has 2 guns, think about what our Government would be doing with our private rights as citizens. Also makes me curious as to how the Governments operate with impunity within these "unarmed" societies...

Old 02-22-2009, 04:34 PM
1st Gear Member

ok you win, keep your head down

Old 02-22-2009, 04:50 PM
1st Gear Member

No thats whats nice we have choices in life but this is my choice and if I'm realistic educated and rational about my decision thats all I can hope for.

I looked at that revolver I also looked at one that I think was the same but TI. really light.

I haven't made a decision on any weapon yet this is going to be a long looking and trying out process I'll let you know when I make it.

I also want some thing in the carry class so it can be concealed.

Old 02-22-2009, 08:21 PM
1st Gear Member

heres my newest gun. (link with a pic and all the info, as well as many other pistols Taurus makes) http://www.taurususa.com/products/pr...ategory=Pistol

See that little round thing on the slide behind the chamber?...thats a key hole to deactivate the firing pin in case of theft....very nice feature in safety.

________
Extreme q vaporizer

Last edited by JasonFMX; 03-29-2011 at 08:46 AM.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jsac
Im not even gonna waste my time with the comments about unarmed societies. I will say this though. If it wasnt for the fact every house in the US has 2 guns, think about what our Government would be doing with our private rights as citizens. Also makes me curious as to how the Governments operate with impunity within these "unarmed" societies...
I will say, IMO, I have no problem with the govt giving me a hard time about owning something that's main use, and sole purpose is to hunt humans, other than just target practice. I also have no problem with the govt not letting my crazy neighbour have a human hunting weapon either.

Sometimes something that is meant for self defence, can end up being used for something else.

I know there are ALOT of people here that will disagree with me, growing up in the "armed societies". That's going to happen. But I do think we are onto a good discussion, even if it isn't bike related.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by green242
I will say, IMO, I have no problem with the govt giving me a hard time about owning something that's main use, and sole purpose is to hunt humans, other than just target practice. I also have no problem with the govt not letting my crazy neighbour have a human hunting weapon either.

Sometimes something that is meant for self defence, can end up being used for something else.

I know there are ALOT of people here that will disagree with me, growing up in the "armed societies". That's going to happen. But I do think we are onto a good discussion, even if it isn't bike related.

ok lets discuss... via the 2nd amendment the citizens of the US are guaranteed the right to bear arms as recently ruled upon by the Supreme Court.. you can argue whatever you want. The law has been affirmed and it isnt going away.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:06 AM
1st Gear Member

I'm not arguing? I'm stating my opinion, saying how much I appreciate where I live. Am I saying you people who haveto deal with all your neighbours having a gun, and you have a gun to protect yourselves as well is wrong? Nope. I am not saying that. I am simply saying I am glad of where I live, and stand behind the choices my govt has made that make me feels safer, I would imagine it makes law inforcement jobs much safer as well.

Sorry if I offend anyone, it's not meant to. I don't blame you guys for owning a hand gun, you are almost obligated to, or left vulnerable to criminals who know you don't have firearm protection.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:13 AM
1st Gear Member

i dont need a gun, or feel that i need a gun. i choose to own and carry one. its a decision that i have the capability to make and i have made.

Quick Reply: Weapon experts