Weapon experts

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 05:09 AM
1st Gear Member

An armed society is a polite society. I picked up a springfield armory XD in 9mm for $449 new. its awesome... comes with holster, 2 clips (holds 16 each), a clip holder and a loader. all in a handome box.... you can get anything for them. I recommend tritium sites and perhaps a laser. It has a rail under the muzzle.

If you want "you stop now" power a glock 10mm kicks it.....

Old 02-22-2009, 05:09 AM
1st Gear Member

BTW green 242... read your 2nd amendment....

Old 02-22-2009, 05:29 AM
1st Gear Member

an armed society has lots of gun deaths

Old 02-22-2009, 09:10 AM
1st Gear Member

Don't go 9mm... go .45 ACP. You won't be disappointed. And for personal defense, purchase 230 grain hollow points....again... you won't be disappointed.

I have a Taurus, beautiful weapon. Glocks are also great, very popular, and hold trade in/resale value VERY well.

I have .45 ACP full metal jackets and it takes approx. 3 1/2 inches of solid phone book to stop it. The 9mm are small, pointy, and fast. They don't have as much boom and they go straight through everything. More known for penetration. Where the .45 is slow (subsonic), heavy, and blunt. And it forces its target to absorb all of its impact and creates hydrostatic shock. Which is what kills living things. Opens up larger wounds, and creates loss in blood pressure. It may only take 3 1/2 inches of phone book to stop it, but that damn phone book was ripped to pieces.
________
EXPERT INSURANCE

Last edited by JasonFMX; 03-29-2011 at 08:46 AM.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:12 AM
1st Gear Member

Oh, and my .45 has a 12 round clip too.... not bad.
________
CREAMPIE REDHEAD

Last edited by JasonFMX; 03-29-2011 at 08:46 AM.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:32 AM
1st Gear Member

Try look around for a used XD-40.

Old 02-22-2009, 12:10 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by rbarchi
BTW green 242... read your 2nd amendment....
And while you're at it, the Boy Scout motto. Owning a handgun doesn't mean I'm afraid for my personal safety - on the contrary. Besides, personal protection has never been the primary reason for gun ownership according to the data I've seen

Old 02-22-2009, 12:48 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by redpillar
an armed society has lots of gun deaths
And unarmed ones don't? Sorry, doesn't wash. Using that logic New York city should be one of the safest places on Earth since personal gun ownership is nigh onto impossible and the police there take such good care of the citizenry. Riiiiiiiight. Thats the point of most gun control legislation. Take the guns out of the hands of ordinary citizens and violent crime will disappear. Trust your local law enforcement to take care of you. Trust us, we know whats best for you in most every aspect of your life. Most Americans reject that notion in spades.

Take a look at societies with the most restrictive gun policies, that is, where only criminals are armed. Are they safe?

Better yet, look at the recent experience in Australia, where the government undertook a massive disarmament project on a few years ago. Woz, Mav, you guys chime in anytime you want. What's happened to violent crime since the ban?

Americans have been armed since the moment they stepped off their ships in St. Augustine and Jamestown and have remained so throughout our history. Our constitution contains an amendment that guaruntees our right to keep and bear arms - to protect us from our own government. Most of us are aware that the governments in the rest of the "civilized" world view this condition with undisguised horror, having decided long ago that they alone would decide how best to protect their citizens and, more importantly, their own power to rule.

Old 02-22-2009, 01:49 PM
1st Gear Member

I live in an un-armed society where it is hard to own a gun, and definetly not alloud to just walk around with it in your pocket.
A gun death is very rare around here. And I belive that is why. If the gun laws were more leanient, I very much belive there would be more gun deaths. I know sometimes I have gotten pissed off for good reason and it's probably good I don't have a handgun at my disposal, and I feel much safer when walking around the city, knowing that there is very very very little chance, I will run into someone, or just be around someone with a gun in their pocket as well.
I was just saying I appreciate where I am, that where I live is not like some of the places you guys in the states haveto deal with. I don't fear for being robbed, or being killed where I live, or anywhere I may want to go.

Old 02-22-2009, 02:22 PM
1st Gear Member

I appreciate the advice guys.

I also understand both sides of the augment about gun ownership. But I live south of Detroit Mi, My city actually touches Detroit The economy around here is worse then what you read.
What does that have to do with anything well this breeds abandoned homes, car jackings, robberies, break ins, muggings,etc
http://www.freep.com/
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage

I can't sell my home ( due to economy)and move my wife and I. We both have careers here and nice things that I choose to protect.

I'm taking a basic hand gun class, a CCW class, Advance Handgun class. I understand the dangers of owning a gun but also understand the dangers of owning motorcycles, cars, boats etc.
Thats why I choose to become as knowledgeable about this as I can.

I choose this above statement to give you alittle insight as why I've made this decision about owning a gun.

Last edited by kgwld1; 02-22-2009 at 02:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Weapon experts