Weapon experts

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 07:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by redpillar
That is the problem with thinking that you have a right to own guns. People do not see past that. You just have to look on youtube under gun accidents to see all the halfwits that own them. Owning a gun just because you can is not a reason for having one.
11 pages ... damn.

I didn't read the whole thing, but this post caught my attention.

We have the Right to bear arms in the States..no thinking about....and it does really keep the gubment in check, w/an average of 3 weapons per citizen, that's why they try to regulate them....an invasion from an outside nation....good luck, we would make Russia's incursion into Afganistan look like a cake walk.

Halfwits...sure we got them, shoot half of our 300 million plus population has below average intelligence.

Does that mean that these half wits should not have the right to vote, drive a car, own a weapon or reproduce.....well I would entertain arguments about the right to reproduce.

Old 03-07-2009, 08:03 PM
1st Gear Member

My point was that there are a lot of people that should not have guns, simply because they are ****ing idiots, such as the dad that killed his kid while cleaning his gun. Pretty hard to single them out.
As far as overthrowing a government, well lets get serious. Unless you have abrams tanks under your bed or cobra helicopters in your garage. Plus the fact that everyone just rolled over for what went down withthe last bunch of clowns in office, makes me think that no body would lift a finger anyway.
I don't dispute the fact that there is a second amendment. It was written in a time that people didn't think that would mean automatic weapons and grenades and other such weapons. I like guns as much as the next guy. I spent two years in the infantry, trained on all sorts of weaponry, but I gave away my shotguns when I started thinking about getting married and having a family.
No offence meant here just thinking outloud.

Old 03-07-2009, 09:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by redpillar
I gave away my shotguns when I started thinking about getting married and having a family.
Why would you do that?

My grandfather died when I was nine. He gave me my first shotgun, taught me gun safety, and taught me to hunt. When I was about seven or eight, my "gun" was a broomstick. He kept an eagle eye on me to make sure I had the "gun" pointed in a safe direction. I even had to "unload" it before crossing a fence.

The best days of my youth were spent with my father, either shooting or hunting. My wife and my children learned gun safety from me (and the military, and hunter's safety courses). They all like to shoot, and they all do it with respect for the capabilty of firearms. I've had some wonderful times with my kids in the field or at the range (my daughter can shoot the ********* off of a gnat at 100yds).

You don't have to give up guns to have a family. No offense, just thinking out loud.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jsac
hahaha
dude. listen your question is...... um, kinda retarded. if their was problems with people killin others with sticks and we took all sticks from people would deaths drop? do we need to answer this? the fact is the majority of the population here in the US dont really care about gun deaths. the reason why is that we demand the right to protect ourselves and our loved ones. also we demand the capability to overthrow tyrannical Governments if the need arose. learn history. go check out some statements from our founding fathers regarding gun control. also take a look at the alarming rate that Government over in the Uk are taking the rights of citizens.
Dude, there's no need for being an arsehole, and calling my questions retarded. It's a discussion, calm down. I know my gun laws are strict, and the only gun action is from hunters, and the rare occasion a gang battle or something. So retarded my questions are not, because it is RARE for innoscent people being murderd here, especially comparing to places in the US.

I'm not trying to **** people off, just discussing. My theory would be this.. If you had a group of 100 kids, and gave 3 chocolate bars to 90 kids, and told 10 kids they wern't able to have any, do you think the 10 kids would end up with no chocolate? I'm just saying that where criminals get their guns, are probably stolen? And stolen guns wouldn't leak their way into all criminal hands in surrounding states? If I was a criminal, and I knew there was 3 guns average in every house, I'd just steal one... Here on the other hand.. I wouldn't have such an easy option.
It would of course be hard now to tighten gun laws anyway. Once you give something to someone, it's hard to take it away. Just like anything.. Now your society is loaded up with 3 guns per household, and take away the guns, It WOULD be stupid, because like you all say, it would only leave the honest vulnerable.

Old 03-07-2009, 11:04 PM
1st Gear Member

im done with this thread.. you cant turn a rock into a dog
troll on green

edit: one last thing.
for anyone that likes gun control... heres how a government that doesnt allow guns behaves:

UK finger-printing children: "It's part of an enormous softening-up exercise, targeting society's most impressionable, so they'll accept cradle-to-grave state snooping and control."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...ivil-liberties

this is nothing compared to some of the stuff i have read lately out of the UK concerning loss of personal rights and liberties. be vigilant folks!!!

Last edited by jsac; 03-07-2009 at 11:29 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:38 PM
1st Gear Member
Default guns and crime

where guns are outlawed...only outlaws have guns!..nyc prime example!

Old 03-08-2009, 01:15 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jsac
i think its actually in the constitution :P

ummm, never said it wasn't..... the Bill Of Rights is the first ten amendments of The Constitution, they were added immediately after first drafting The Constitution because not all states would ratify the document as is at the time. All amendments are part of The Constitution...hence the root word, amend.

Little history for ya there.

Now wheres my Bible? I just clung to my gun(s), now I got some thumpin' to do. (Little Obama/Pennsylvania humor there), (and no, I'm not Republican )
________
Free Vaporizer

Last edited by JasonFMX; 03-29-2011 at 08:49 AM.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:55 AM
1st Gear Member

You guys are so right. I am so much of a fence sitter. I do it all the time.
I think personally anyone who murders, should not deserve their own life. I don't think there are tough enough laws.
Vigilant is right, if ONLY the right people could get their hands on guns, and control the real criminals, and the we were able to keep the bastards under control... Damn right, guns for the people that know what to do with them, people that are responsible. If someone was to break into my home, or steal something that I earned, or take someone's life that was close to me, I would like to kill the bastard too. And really they should deserve to loose their life if they are not contributing to the positive of society..
It's really too bad... that life hasto be like this. And that some people feel obligated to own a gun in order to protect their families.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:16 AM
1st Gear Member

I don't see whats wrong with if you want a gun you have to go take an advanced class consisting of classroom theory and safety, tactics, and range shooting. Then you have to take a test at the end, both written and performance. And also, a background check. If you pass you get a license. With that license you can purchase, own, and carry a gun for self defense or whatever. Without the license, you can do none of the above. Just like driving a car. Except cars are a privilege, guns are not, guns are a right.
________
Cheap Airsoft M16

Last edited by JasonFMX; 03-29-2011 at 08:49 AM.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:43 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JasonFMX
I don't see whats wrong with if you want a gun you have to go take an advanced class consisting of classroom theory and safety, tactics, and range shooting. Then you have to take a test at the end, both written and performance. And also, a background check. If you pass you get a license. With that license you can purchase, own, and carry a gun for self defense or whatever. Without the license, you can do none of the above. Just like driving a car. Except cars are a privilege, guns are not, guns are a right.
Well said.

As long as they are propely registered, and owners get the proper training, I don't see a problem. As someone said earlier, ban gun ownership and you tilt the balance completely to lawless factions and the black market.

Japan is gunless society that works for the most part, but it has been gunless from the beginning, barring law enforcement and the like. Applying something like that to the states would be a very tall order if not impossible.

Last edited by tremor38; 03-08-2009 at 09:50 AM.

Quick Reply: Weapon experts