Weapon experts

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 03:20 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by redpillar
Nice to have a gun around the house

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/0...world/boy_shot
With gun ownership comes the responsibility to handle it safely. If you won't or can't handle and store a firearm safely, you shouldn't own one.

Old 03-06-2009, 03:24 AM
1st Gear Member

Gun safety is paramount.

I'm against most gun control laws, but I can't see how it would be bad for people to take basic gun safety classes. I'm a huge stickler for gun safety. One of the main reasons why I won't use a revolver for conceal carry/self defense is because technically the gun is loaded and chambered all the time. Even if you leave a cylinder unloaded the other ones still are and can be fired. I've seen a cap and ball pistol go off in three cylinders once. The barrel and the one to the direct left and direct right went off as well. With a semi-automatic you don't have to chamber the round until your ready.
________
Voyeur movies

Last edited by JasonFMX; 03-29-2011 at 08:49 AM.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:08 PM
1st Gear Member

That is the problem with thinking that you have a right to own guns. People do not see past that. You just have to look on youtube under gun accidents to see all the halfwits that own them. Owning a gun just because you can is not a reason for having one.

Old 03-06-2009, 05:48 PM
1st Gear Member

There are just as many stories where guns have saved lives as well.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:09 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by redpillar
That is the problem with thinking that you have a right to own guns. People do not see past that. You just have to look on youtube under gun accidents to see all the halfwits that own them. Owning a gun just because you can is not a reason for having one.
we have this little thing called the 2nd amendment.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:10 PM
1st Gear Member

IDK... I love my O'Bama but the biggest hold-up I had when deciding to vote for him, was his and Joe Biden's stance on gun control. I believe it is my right to own a gun, and I WILL cling to my guns and my Bible, thank you very much

Old 03-06-2009, 06:14 PM
1st Gear Member

This comment is in response to Sid Post's post. . . forgot to "quote" it. . .

AND. . . . the VERY FIRST thing you do when picking up or being handed a gun of any kind is to CHECK TO SEE IF IT'S LOADED. I don't care if your best friend just handed it to you and stated that it's NOT loaded. . . you check it anyway. It just COMPLETELY amazes me that people die every year from " UNLOADED" guns. But then, you see people walking around every day who are TOTALLY unaware of what's going on around them, talking on cell phones and ALMOST getting run over by a car entering a store/shop's parking lot. Our society has made everyone soooo "safe" that the stupid one's are not being eliminated by "Natural Selection". . . . at least, not fast enough.

Last edited by Magoo; 03-06-2009 at 06:20 PM. Reason: In respose to. . .
Old 03-06-2009, 06:32 PM
1st Gear Member

Magoo just go to Wal Mart and walk down the snack isle. Idiocracy is less a comedy and more a prophecy.I don't know how anyone can shoot themselves or anyone else cleaning a gun when the first thing you do is remove the magazine and check to make sure no round is in the chamber or mag well or cylinder, all while it is pointed in a safe direction. It's called a "manual" if your lacking basic common sense. How about leaving guns alone and outlawing stupid/ignorant/unaware people instead. Stupid/ignorant/unaware people do more harm and damage in the world than all the weapons combined, no matter what country they live in.

Old 03-06-2009, 08:55 PM
1st Gear Member

Damn roadglider. . . I like your way of thinking!

Old 03-07-2009, 12:16 AM
1st Gear Member

Your line about the movie is what my brother in-law and I say is the absolute truth. WELL DONE.............................................. ................GO AWAY BATIN

Quick Reply: Weapon experts