The wave, nod, finger, etc...

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 06:11 PM
1st Gear Member

I get ignored all the time by the HD cruisers. It's funny because I'm on a Buell mostly on the street. Maybe its because I dont have fringe dangling from my handlebars But guess who suddenly becomes your buddy when your at the HD dealership? Sportbikes and Dualsports always wave. I learned to care less eventually.

Old 05-12-2009, 06:27 PM
1st Gear Member

I don't wave unless waved to. The wavers are a mixed bad here in Maryland.

Mike

Old 05-12-2009, 06:40 PM
1st Gear Member

I just started going to a gym where 2 harleys are parked up on the sidewalk a lot. Well last time I went, there were no bikes there, so I parked my mud covered KLX there. I came out and there was one Harley, and the other in another makeshift spot.

I wonder if he got pissed that I took his spot?

Old 05-12-2009, 06:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Also, a lot of times I see the guy wave, and I'm like "Dude, from all the way over there? Across 3 lanes, a median, and another 3 lanes?" By the time I see him it's too late.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ZX1100F1
Isn't everyone related in West Virginia?

Haha nah your must be mistaking that for Kentucky

Last edited by JRock420; 05-12-2009 at 07:13 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:12 PM
1st Gear Member

Around here (Philadelphia area) no one waves, Harley, GoldWing, Sports Bikes, I have totally stopped waving to anyone who doesn't ride a Dual Sport or waives to me first.

Didn't used to be that way 10 - 15 years ago.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:39 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by KDXmike
I don't wave unless waved to. The wavers are a mixed bad here in Maryland.

Mike
Thats the way I am anymore. Before it was 50/50 being on a DS bike...but now its even less. Maybe like, 1 out of 3, or 1 out of 4 wave back. Its like you have to be in that category or "click". The Harley guys who think they are cool but far from it, the Goldwingers which are usually old guys with coms in the helmets to the wife on the back, the DS guys (which are damn rare), the sport bikes give a wave most of the time, and the cruisers dont wave.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:42 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Sometimes when I see a bike I'll wait to see if they wave first, but then I thought to my self, what if both riders were waiting for the other to wave first? LOL that won't work. Kind of like your car lights on high beam, you wait out the other guy and you both go blind One guy that I knew said you should always flip your light down to low beam, because at least one of you should see where you're going LOL __________________

Old 05-12-2009, 07:51 PM
1st Gear Member

well, I kinda give them a quick stare down. If I see they are looking back then its one of those cases like you said above... but majority of the time anymore for some reason, people don't even pay attention to me on the road anymore. I may as well be in my car.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:48 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Being my first spring on bike maybe april has more noobs (even noobier than me!) who cant wait to try out thier new toy. But it did seem like i got more waves as we got more warmer weather. Like deej said maybe they are afraid to let go. Or too concentrated on the task of riding. Hmmmm....gotta keep on eye on that theory. Relics Theory of Noobness! could also be that they dont know that they are supposed to wave back. When u wave to him hes like- i dont him,what a freak! now this guy is afraid of you! i'll stop now. Thats more than 2 cents worth.

Quick Reply: The wave, nod, finger, etc...