Vehicle change

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 09:39 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Vehicle change

ORIGINAL: stellar_d

Ok please guys lets not kill my hard on for getting a new vehicle here, because this is what its about. I can put a couple statements to bed though.

Heres my experience, I'm not expert but I do know quite a bit, not in numbers and whats on paper but what i've been driving, and who i know have been driving.

My in laws run a used truck wholesale. They have every light pickup you could imagine there, or have had it. Its there or been there. So the handy thing with that is every camping trip or every need for a truck, its there. We always try different stuff because we can. I'll just comment on some of the issues mentioned.

Towing: The dodge does not out perform the GM. We tested this theory. Twice. We had a trailer full of quads and towed it camping several times. The Dodge did very well and was not underpowered by anymeans, but the GM (it was a silverado 2500) just did better, better milage too.

Dependancy: My uncle also worked at a ford dealership, so my parents always had a ford truck at some time. I think they all broke. I've also seen more guys have to get towed to town who drive fords out in the oil patch. Its just what I've seen.

Anyway i'm bored of this already. You can't make statements that somethings the best and expect people to swallow it. Paper means nothing because its real life that matters. If you've owned 4 fords and they all busted bad, then yeah you get to say ford sucks, and no one really gets to argue with you because that hasnt happened.

Get it?

Now back to my drooling over my new truck [sm=yeahsmile.gif][sm=partyparty.gif][sm=massbounce.gif]
Do i get to say kawasaki sucks because of all the problems i have had? just messin man....

Old 10-24-2007, 04:22 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

Do i get to say kawasaki sucks because of all the problems i have had? just messin man....
I personally wouldn't blame you if you did, and say you'd be warranted to say so

Old 10-24-2007, 04:29 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stellar_d

Ok please guys lets not kill my hard on for getting a new vehicle here, because this is what its about. I can put a couple statements to bed though.
yeah guys leave his hard-on alone... thats just wrong!

Old 10-24-2007, 04:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Dragone#19

Thanks for the comfy feeling there zap. (06 excursion) Any knowns on this?
well, beins that Ford advertises the highest tow rating for any half-ton truck, I'd say you're alright. This "new" tranny I'm sure isn't just flopped into the F150 from the Crown Vic. Nonetheless, the CV is one large car and takes a tough tranny, this car serves severe duty situations all over the world like taxi and law enforcement duties.

Old 10-24-2007, 04:47 PM
1st Gear Member

A guys truck doesn't have to be the fastest, the one with the most torque or have the most power. All it has to do is make you drool when you get in it. My new Dodge 3500may beslower than a Chevy, have less torque than a ford but it fits me better.They did a great job assembling it in Mexico. But my favorite part is now I get to pay 3.70 cents a gallon for diesel here in eastern Washington.

Old 10-24-2007, 05:06 PM

weird, my Ram was built inMinnesota. My Fusion however tight of build quality it has which is high imo, is assembled down in Hermosillo Mexico at some state of the art assembly plant. Kind of sad that Camry's and Accord's aren't "made" here in the states, but are at least built here while the domestic company car is built out of country. At least I know I'm supporting an American company and the money will stay here. Buy a Camry and the dough jumps the pond faster than you can put the key in and start it up. FWIW, most F150's are built in KC, MO.

Old 10-24-2007, 05:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Saltillo is the plant where it was built. Free trade. American jobs gone. I didn't realize when I bought the truck it was made in Mexico.

Old 10-24-2007, 06:04 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Do a search on the dreaded I-53 engine in the dodge trucks. I don't remember the years, but the blocks made in Mexico were 6 mm thick instead of 12 and would crack. I checked mine and was relieved to not have one of them. Check it out and if you do I would suggest a trade in the near future.

Old 10-24-2007, 06:20 PM

yeah, until the recent hemi engine in the Ram, their engines have sucked. Ever drive a hemi in a Ram 1500? It sounds like a Nascar when punched and will throw you back in your seat. It truly is a bad-*** engine, but is also a gas hog.

Old 10-24-2007, 09:43 PM
1st Gear Member

I have the new 6.7 cummings. 350 horse and i think 625 torque. Compared to my 96 cummings it's a brute. And you can actually hear the radio going down the road. It's really a nice truck, to bad fuel is going out of sight. Oh well I guess I'll have the only inferno red crystal pearl flower pot on the block.

Quick Reply: Vehicle change