Vehicle change

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 07:11 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Vehicle change

ORIGINAL: Dragone#19

I have the pwr stroke excursion limited. Hauls my toys just fine. Couple of my kids get tired at the track, so they watch movies

Why wouldnt you share? Thats a sweet gig.

Old 10-23-2007, 07:29 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Thanks, but no oil field testing for sure! haha

Old 10-23-2007, 09:22 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Sweet!!! nice truck!!! My dad has a 2500HD chevy ext cab long bed 6.0L w/ allison tranny nice truck

My dads chevy, my sierra in the middle and my brother in laws sierra on the right.

Old 10-23-2007, 12:16 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stellar_d

Iowa waht do you mean more upscale, like the GMC the higher end of GM trucks while the Chev is the lower end? If this is true (but i dont think it is) I dont know where they got it from. I spent the day driving 2 of each brand of trucks in the 3/4 ton diesel class ranging 05-06 and the only reason I didnt get the GMC was because I didn't like the styling as much as I did teh chevy. they both handled the same.
I don't want to get into any snobbery but, yes the GMC is the upscale version of the Chevy just like the Mercury Grand Marquis is the upscale Ford Crown Victoria. Both have the same basic stuff beneath the surface but, there are little details that take my Grand Marquis upscale over the same vintage Crown Victoria.

Old 10-23-2007, 02:14 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sid Post
I don't want to get into any snobbery but, yes the GMC is the upscale version of the Chevy just like the Mercury Grand Marquis is the upscale Ford Crown Victoria. Both have the same basic stuff beneath the surface but, there are little details that take my Grand Marquis upscale over the same vintage Crown Victoria.

Weird, I really noticed no difference between the two when I was testing them, aside from looks. Both good trucks, just liked the chev better.

No worries, no snobbery was found in your reply

Old 10-23-2007, 02:23 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sid Post

ORIGINAL: stellar_d

Iowa waht do you mean more upscale, like the GMC the higher end of GM trucks while the Chev is the lower end? If this is true (but i dont think it is) I dont know where they got it from. I spent the day driving 2 of each brand of trucks in the 3/4 ton diesel class ranging 05-06 and the only reason I didnt get the GMC was because I didn't like the styling as much as I did the chevy. they both handled the same.
OK you just admitted that you drive a big old man car...[8D] Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Old 10-23-2007, 03:23 PM

the upscale thing is appearance, nothing else. like seat material, getting something on one and not the other. mechanically, you are correct, they are and have always been clones. hard to believe between the two they still can't outsell Ford trucks.

Old 10-23-2007, 03:29 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy.

the upscale thing is appearance, nothing else. like seat material, getting something on one and not the other. mechanically, you are correct, they are and have always been clones. hard to believe between the two they still can't outsell Ford trucks.
I was very seriously looking at a new ford but was talked out of it by my father in law. He runs a truck wholesale so gets to see first hand how different trucks last. I guess they've hadquite a bit of work to do on the fords they get in. "Fix Or Repair Daily" holds true in some cases .

Beautiful truck though, I like them alot. My next truck may be the new superduty they have. I'ts a new engine and such so probably best to wait a few years so they can figure it out.

Old 10-23-2007, 04:16 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy.

Actually, current YTD sales figures (September) show that by adding the Silverado (477,859) and the Sierra (157,204) the total is 635,063 units sold compared to the Ford F-Series sales of 537,211. GM sold 97,852 more trucks that Ford.

We could twist this data if we want, and only compare the F150 vs Sierra1500/Silverado1500. Or, we could add up sales figures for all trucks and find out that GM sells the most, followed by Toyota, followed by Ford. Ford only has (3) nameplates; F-Series, Ranger, and Lincoln Mark LT. GM has (7) nameplates; Silverado, Sierra, Avalanche, Escalade EXT, Colorado, Canyon, and the SSR.

For the record, 13 months ago I sold my 17-year-old Chevy and bought a F-150. The only thing I ever had to replace in the chevy was an alternator and the seatbelt. I didn't need a new truck, I just wanted one. With $5500 in rebates, and deep dealer discounts, I got my Ford for $9000 under sticker. Ford's "quiet steel" is amazing. My pickup is quieter than my wife's Lincoln. I still miss the Chevy a little...

Old 10-23-2007, 04:18 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

My dad has the silverado, and i have the sierra, i had a sonoma, my dad had a S10.... GMC's are better, in the luxorious dept... good example.....

brand new silverado starts at $18,100
brand new sierra starts at $17,990 gmc makes a cheap work truck

high end silverado.... $35,340
high end gmc......... $38,670 with out the denali.... denali sierra is $39,020-$42120

Quick Reply: Vehicle change