updated pix

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 07:15 PM
IG
Default RE: updated pix

ORIGINAL: KLXer

Where are my rubber boots, its gettign deep in here.

IG modified his KLX & his DRZ to the "hilt" yo! he removed the seat strap & everything.
LOL, you wouldn't know how to pull the carb bub.[sm=violin.gif]

Old 12-05-2007, 09:49 PM
1st Gear Member

I didn't try to start a huge debate over which bike is better,but for the $$ I think the DRZsm would be a fun ride,if the yami had more cc's with the fuel inj it would also be in the running.I know with every possible mod I could do to my klx it could never keep up with the sportbikes I ride with on the road,but I have my ZRX for that,I just think having a motard in the stable would be fun.

Old 12-05-2007, 09:53 PM
1st Gear Member

I did see a KTM motard when I was picking up my zrx but it was beat to hell and way overpriced for a 6yr old bike,the shape it was in I wouldn't have given $100.00 for it.I like my stuff lookin new.Sorry Deej,your not alone,that is one thing I am also OCD on.

Old 12-05-2007, 09:57 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: IG
LOL, you wouldn't know how to pull the carb bub.[sm=violin.gif]

Wow, spoken like a true poser.

I thought you were done? But I bet you are not yet even....prove me worng--don't post again in this thread....but you can't help it can you...you will have to respond & will probably post some jibberish about it beingyour mission from god to do so.

Well...We are waiting IG....Will I be right & IG post back? Or will he prove me wrong & not....

"Getcha popcorn ready."

Old 12-06-2007, 01:45 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: IG

sorry, gettin carried away on my debate here.

also 2/3 the weight of the DRZ? So when did the KLX start weighing 90 lbs? UHhhhhhhhhh, you know the difference is only 29lbs right? And the regular DRZ weighs exactly the same as the KLX, so calculate that power/weight ratio and then rethink your 2/3 the weight quote.
The DRZ400SM checks in at 295 lbs dry weight and while 2/3 of that is certainly not the KLX dry weight of around 260'ish, it's also not even close to your claimed 90 lbs. Where do you come up with that fuzzy math, IG? And then to pick on Mav about his math and compare him to GW?

Old 12-06-2007, 02:37 AM
1st Gear Member

Iowa.....the only kid that can troll from a land locked state....we all know a drz street legal is 292 dry or so ....he's not even using live bait.....I gotta sell gogs for mods and if you guys hit artificials...whats a man to do? lol Shoot a xr650r is just under 300 and its a pig in tight stuff...

Now Iowa will say you can make the E street legal ....... well not in my state....but if I were to go that route ..... say in Utah....a klx450 would be in the scope.

Old 12-06-2007, 04:09 AM
1st Gear Member

Old 12-06-2007, 04:24 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

That's easy..........The KLX 450 is green and we all know green is better.

Old 12-06-2007, 04:53 AM
1st Gear Member

Old 12-06-2007, 05:10 AM
IG

all I'm saying is I am glad to see someone is finally seeing the light, as I did in my earlier post. dog me and the DRZ all you want, but everyone of you know that you wish you had a DRZSM but are too immature and closed minded to admit it.

regarding the "fuzzy math" brian- 2/3rd's statement- he said the KLX weighed in at 2/3rd's of the DRZ. you're right though, i messed up. I should've said around 180 lbs. My whole point was to tell him how inaccurate he was, even though I was inaccurate in my pointing out his innacuracy. I had the 90lbs. backwards as it was the last 1/3rd of the 270lbs. Good eye, I guess I'm not Al Gore after all, eh? I see all these criticisms of me and my words but still no one has answered my questions on power/weight ratio, KTM's prowess in SM racing, and the terrible resale value that ZX supported with his purchase for close to nil for a KTM.
Regarding the DRZ vs KLX450R- what do you want to compare? Let's see how many pages we can acrue here. Regarding engines, I'd take the DRZ anyday over that KLX. Much more reliable and buildable to high horsepower. Stock vs stock, sure the KLX kills it like it should just like the DRZ kills the KLX 250. What's your point? That DRZ engine is sweet, it's the tranny that holds the bike back.
You know I'll keep posting, I was done if you were done with me. I don't lie down when I'm under fire.

Who's up next?Bring it to IG!!!

Quick Reply: updated pix