updated pix

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 05:05 AM
IG
Default RE: updated pix

I guess I would agree it has more power, but the other two I would disagree with wholeheartedly. that thing looks heavier than a boat anchor but I bet it has lots of go juice. Not to mention your wallet needs to weigh just as much to afford one of the overpriced Austrians. The reliability and ease of to virtually non-existence of maintenance of the Suzuki engine wins hands down in my book. Plus, the Suzuk doesn't require 'special' KTM engine oil that lightens the wallet as well.
Now, let's hear it ZX...........I'm dumb, you don't understand, DRZ's suck, yadayadayada.

[IMG]local://upfiles/7856/34756E56D0AF41E3A65409C7A2DC6805.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-05-2007, 05:26 AM
IG

Just another pic to add to your temptation delight, this is my favorite angle as it shows the forks, fender, wheels, and overall SMness of the bike. Nah, it's not a KTM, but that's what makes it so cool imo. Kind of like a ZO6 'Vette compared to a Lambo- you can have your cake and eat it too.If you look really close, you can see the dry sump oil cap on the top of the frame where the oil is housed.

[IMG]local://upfiles/7856/81891F3D0B554DC9A1280CAA9DB51184.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-05-2007, 05:28 AM
IG

last one, I really like the sky in this one. Kind of looks threatening.

[IMG]local://upfiles/7856/5D28F47091C1495DA2730ED89AA314D5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-05-2007, 05:33 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Dude there isn't even one weed in that grass. you should see our lawns here. Mostly moss.

Old 12-05-2007, 05:33 AM

No, I have told you before I really like the DRZ's. But I have to say you don't know that much about KTM's. It weights about the same as a DRZ. I have ridden both bikes and the suspension on the KTM is so much better and it has Brembo brakes with braided steel lines (stock). The confidence I have on the KTM on the track or on twisty mountain roads is unmatched. I can go faster down the Dragon on this bike than I can on my ZX10R with 171 RWHP.

I use the same oil that goes in all mybikes. I have put 6500 miles on this bike and it is flawless. Just a two sets of tires, brake pads, and oil.

It's an 06. I paid $6000.00 for it used with less than 1000 miles on the clock. Not a scratch on it.

Again the Suzuki is a great bike it's just not in the same league as a KTM. If you are wanting a SM with great handling and power then you are missing out if you keep believing old rumors and misconceptions about KTM. If you ever did get one you would look back at your post and laugh!

Old 12-05-2007, 05:59 AM
IG

ORIGINAL: deej

Dude there isn't even one weed in that grass. you should see our lawns here. Mostly moss.
dude- this is Iowa!!! Where's there isn't corn, there's flawless lawns. You should know that besides being the worldwide leader in ethanol production, we also utilize the husks as lawn fertilizer even though our grass comes from Kentucky in my neighborhood.

Old 12-05-2007, 06:05 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Well whatever it is, it looks awesome. I wish the 5 acres I have at work looked that good, but its all on clay and what fertilizer I do put on mostly washes off. And the ground is so hard that you can't even aerate it.

Old 12-05-2007, 06:10 AM
IG

ORIGINAL: EvildoerZX10R

No, I have told you before I really like the DRZ's. But I have to say you don't know that much about KTM's. It weights about the same as a DRZ. I have ridden both bikes and the suspension on the KTM is so much better and it has Brembo brakes with braided steel lines (stock). The confidence I have on the KTM on the track or on twisty mountain roads is unmatched. I can go faster down the Dragon on this bike than I can on my ZX10R with 171 RWHP.

I use the same oil that goes in all mybikes. I have put 6500 miles on this bike and it is flawless. Just a two sets of tires, brake pads, and oil.

It's an 06. I paid $6000.00 for it used with less than 1000 miles on the clock. Not a scratch on it.

Again the Suzuki is a great bike it's just not in the same league as a KTM. If you are wanting a SM with great handling and power then you are missing out if you keep believing old rumors and misconceptions about KTM. If you ever did get one you would look back at your post and laugh!
how many SM titles has KTM won for all their superiority in SM bikes? they just recently nearly won on their MX bike but no cigar. It's people like you who are blind and misleading to the fact that the KTM is superior in every way. Who cares that it has "name brand" components. That does NOT mean that they outperform everything else. Just cuz it says Brembo on the caliper means it came from krypton? No one said it's in the same league as the KTM in the power department. But I guarantee you it could run with your larger, heavier KTM anywhere. Comparing it's handling in the curves to a Ninja ZX10 is laughable as that bike is far from anything that has a reputation as a canyon carver. Everyone knows SM bikes will kill modern sportbikes in the corners. But tell me, what are these "old rumors and misconceptions" about KTM? What does the fact that you are bragging about the fact that you bought that '06 for $6000 say for KTM's recent resale slump? I sold my '06 DRZ for $5000. Looking at it that way we see the DRZ held it's value a lot better than the KTM did. The DRZSM may not accelerate like your KTM, but it will do everything else as good or better at a fraction of the cost and that you can take to the bank.

ps. I would never buy a KTM, not even if I had your wallet(orange is rather ugly to me). I really think you're missing the boat however with not one TE in your stable.

Old 12-05-2007, 06:10 AM
1st Gear Member

Old 12-05-2007, 06:18 AM
IG

you think a 331 kit will provide you more than 35 horse for yourKLX? With every mentionable mod including cams, the top horsepower posted here on this forum was barely 28. In stock trim, the DRZ pumps out documented 35 rwhp and tons more torque. I agree the KLX is a better looking bike if you are more of an off-road guy like me, but add the dirt wheels/tires to the DRZ and it becomes a different bike.

Quick Reply: updated pix