UFO HEADLIGHT

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 07:08 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: UFO HEADLIGHT

Ok a couple more pics Bill sent over of the UFO set-up. It sure looks better than that KLR650 lookin' stocker, and it rids the bike of the "elephant ears" turnsignals. Now to fix those rear turnsignals on my bike...

Old 01-26-2007, 07:13 AM
1st Gear Member

This weekend I'll see if I can get some pics of my crankcase vent mod...I did it a little different way than most..I think it's a very sano installation.

Bake

Old 01-26-2007, 03:56 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Welcome, Bake! Thanks for posting up those pics. Looks great and I'd really like to get one of those steering stabilizers sometime.

Old 01-26-2007, 04:30 PM

Bake, I sent you a PM about your old headlight shroud. I don't know if you have your new account set up to notify of you of PMs, so I will call your attention to it.

Also, where and how much for the UFO headlight setup. I like the fact that it hard mounts onto the bike instead of the rubber strap approach that many aftermarket assemblies use. Is the light DOT approved? I would assume so since it has turn signals build in. The intent was obviously for it to go on a street-legal bike.

Thanks for the info.

Old 01-26-2007, 04:57 PM
JB1
1st Gear Member

welcome Bake...what skid plate is that on JoAnn's bike?

Old 01-26-2007, 11:23 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cwgoff

Also, where and how much for the UFO headlight setup. I like the fact that it hard mounts onto the bike instead of the rubber strap approach that many aftermarket assemblies use. Is the light DOT approved? I would assume so since it has turn signals build in. The intent was obviously for it to go on a street-legal bike.
Welcome Bake!

That UFO looks like a quality setup job. How does the headlight adjust for aiming ... it looks like the whole assembly has to move.

Old 01-26-2007, 11:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Welcome Jo-Ann, Bill and Bake

Old 01-26-2007, 11:48 PM
1st Gear Member

Oops!

Greets to Jo-Anne and Bill, too!

(Jeez, I can be such a dork sometimes!)

Old 01-27-2007, 04:59 AM
1st Gear Member

[sm=bounceybounce.gif]Finally a SuperTrap in the mix!A couple people in one of my riding groups have them. I really like the idea of the adjustable discs. They sound good too.

ORIGINAL: Bake

Hi guys, Bake here. Bill and JoAnn Blue's riding buddy. Here comes some pics I've got of the mods on JoAnn's bike.I have an '07 that is pretty much the same except I'm keeping with the drilled out stock pipe and a rejetted stock carb. (for now[sm=burnout.gif])

The first mod I did was mount the Wolfman Enduro tankbag, I think it's a great fit, and is big enough to get a few bottles of drinks and a big sandwich, for those all day trailrides.

I guess since this is my first visit, I'll give ya a look at what else I ride. '03 BMW K1200RS and the '04 BMW R1150R.
Thanks,
Bake

Old 01-27-2007, 05:32 AM
1st Gear Member

Hello All,
I will try to answer a few questions about Jo Ann's KLX. The bash plate is a CRD Absolutevery easy to install. One of the photos is the mounting of the W.E.R. stabeliser. The photo of the back of the UFO headlight shows how I modified the terminals so they would fit the KLX 250S without modifying any of the stock wiring or mounting brackets.
Ride safe
Bill & Jo Ann

Quick Reply: UFO HEADLIGHT