1st Gear Member
Default RE: Two Brothers Slip On Vids - As Promised

If its too loud your too old [sm=insomnia.gif][sm=roll.gif]

Old 06-22-2007, 12:33 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

Sounds a lot better for sure.

Airbox lid removed I take it? I thought I could hear that in the 1st video.

I have to leave mine quite or my wife will beat me to death with the stock pipe.
I am running lid on no snorkel, 128 main 40 pilot. It is loud, but I think I'll wait on the quiet tip. I found a leak at the clamp today, taking care of that now. I'll have a full review shortly...

Old 06-22-2007, 01:16 AM

The Two Brothers pipe works awesome. We tested it in the field at just under 100 dB. This is much better than the Muzzy which went 110 with ease. The Two Brothers also offers more torque than the Muzzy, but the most important thing is not to open the air box all the way up. You need some restriction in the intake so as to generate a negitive pressure (vaccum) inside the air box so more air is forced into the intake. If you open the air box too much the air becomes "lazy" and less air actually enters the carb. Your best bet is to drill holes in the lid three half inchers ought to do just fine.

Old 06-22-2007, 01:35 AM
JB1
1st Gear Member

If you have a leak at the clamp, remove the slip-on and add some hi-temp black gasket sealer around the joint, then re-install and tighten the clamp....should solve your problems.

I agree on the air-intake. I am running a UNI filter and the KDX stock snorkel and it works well for my setup.

Old 06-22-2007, 02:08 AM
1st Gear Member

Nice, I can't wait to rev mine like that. I'm still at 500 miles on the kawi break in method.

Old 06-22-2007, 02:15 AM
1st Gear Member

the most important thing is not to open the air box all the way up. You need some restriction in the intake so as to generate a negitive pressure (vaccum) inside the air box so more air is forced into the intake. If you open the air box too much the air becomes "lazy" and less air actually enters the carb. Your best bet is to drill holes in the lid three half inchers ought to do just fine.
What if the snorkle is just removed all together?......There is not much water out her in the deserts of California? Leave the lid on and just remove the snorkle tube, mabye put a screen over the snorkle hole? Less lazy air?

Old 06-22-2007, 02:46 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: boxermachine

Nice, I can't wait to rev mine like that. I'm still at 500 miles on the kawi break in method.

It's broken in, ride it and enjoy! Change oil often, it also helps with smooth shifting.

Old 06-22-2007, 05:02 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JB1

If its too loud your too old [sm=insomnia.gif][sm=roll.gif]

Too old for what?
I can still eat some solid food and I don't require much help to get up the stairs if they aint too steep.

Old 06-26-2007, 05:38 PM
1st Gear Member

Just ordered mine today, should be here on Thursday. I had the Big Gun on order, but was tired of waiting. The quiet inserts are on backorder, is this pipe too loud for city street riding? I know opinions vary, but I don't want to **** any cagers off.

Old 06-27-2007, 10:37 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

its fun to **** cars off.... ive gone by cages the second time.... in traffic or whatever.. and have seen them holding thier ears cause its loud......lol

Quick Reply: Two Brothers Slip On Vids - As Promised