two bros m7 vs fmf q4 ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 07:25 PM
1st Gear Member
Default two bros m7 vs fmf q4 ??

hey i just bought an 09 klx250, my first bike, and i'm wondering what exhaust system to go with. i like the looks of the two bros & it seems like it would be smaller/ lighter than the fmf. the only thing is i have not heard one in person so i'm wondering if it will be too loud. i also plan on buying the fmf header, which the fmf site say will lower the sound output, so i'm wondering will the q4 be much of a different from the stock can?

my bike is completely stock right now. will do the jetkit & remove the airbox lid once i get the new exhaust.

so what do you guys think twobros m7 or fmf q4?!

Old 09-22-2009, 08:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Mikey... congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum. I too have a 2009.

I have had both exhausts on my bike and I definitely like the Q4 SO MUCH better. I originally bought the Two Bros because I liked the look. It did look really good on the bike and was lighter than the FMF Q4, but I took it off and sold it within a week because it was too loud... even with the P-1X sound tip installed.

The Q4 is a little heavier, and is quieter. It still has a deep deep rumble and good sound when revved, but is not obnoxious loud like the Two Bros. I actually had a neighbor complain about the Two Bros.

My advice... get the Q4 and the PowerBomb.

Please note that the FMF Q4 as well as the Dynojet re-kit have part numbers specifically for the new 2009s. Dont get the 2006-2007 part numbers. Some say they will work, but why if they have ones specifically for the 2009s.

See these two previous posts I started to answer more about your questions about the exhaust as well as the re-jet and the air box mod.

https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=30174
https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=30306

Old 09-22-2009, 08:25 PM
1st Gear Member

Mikey, I love my q4, but many on here love their 2bros. You might be able to get a deal on the 2bros usafdpt just pulled off his bike.?????
Westoz has a clip of his 2bros on youtube, you can find other mufflers (on the klx) on there too. It's not a real accurate way to compare mufflers being they're recorded on different cameras and at different distances, but you can get a little bit of an idea.
Dan

Old 09-22-2009, 08:55 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dan888
Mikey, I love my q4, but many on here love their 2bros. You might be able to get a deal on the 2bros usafdpt just pulled off his bike.?????
Westoz has a clip of his 2bros on youtube, you can find other mufflers (on the klx) on there too. It's not a real accurate way to compare mufflers being they're recorded on different cameras and at different distances, but you can get a little bit of an idea.
Dan
Sorry... already sold the Two Bros to another guy on the forum.

I listened to all the clips for the Two Bros, but they do not give you a clue as to how loud it really is. I would compare it to the sound of glasspacks on trucks/cars....

Last edited by usafdpt; 09-22-2009 at 08:58 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:12 PM

I have the two bro with arestor and a p3 power tip. It is a lot more quiet with the tip and it is easy to take off if you want to open it up.

Old 09-22-2009, 09:21 PM
1st Gear Member

i was thinking the twobros was going to be pretty loud. i get home late a lot of the time & i don't really want to **** off the neighbor's or draw unwanted attention to myself.

is there much of a power gain? some people said it's night & day. personally i just want a little more "get up & go"

Old 09-22-2009, 10:11 PM
1st Gear Member

I did the FMF Q4 because I thought the Two Bros. was too loud. I get a lot of compliments on the tone of the Q4.

Once you get the exhaust, jetting and intake mods done, the power gain is definitely noticable. There is more pull as you get to the sweet spot of the powerband. It's not powerwheelieville, but it's nice.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:15 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by testify4
I did the FMF Q4 because I thought the Two Bros. was too loud. I get a lot of compliments on the tone of the Q4.

Once you get the exhaust, jetting and intake mods done, the power gain is definitely noticable. There is more pull as you get to the sweet spot of the powerband. It's not powerwheelieville, but it's nice.
Exactly... the slip-on by itself will not have much gain. I personally did not notice a difference.

Now once you do the snorkel removal/airlid removal, high flow filter, exhaust, and re-jet.... then you will notice a difference.

Also, don't forget to do the air injection block off or the backfiring will annoy you.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Oh, yeah- air injection removal is another good free mod we can do.

Which reminds me, I need to order one of those Bill Blue blockoff pretty-plates, even though a big bolt in the hose by the block works.

Might even order two, depending on how desperate my Kawi dealer gets trying to sell me that 250SF.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:06 PM
1st Gear Member

I got the Bill Blue block off plate. Works great. I think it only cost $8.50.

Quick Reply: two bros m7 vs fmf q4 ??