Tusk DFlex big bar adapter?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 01:58 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Tusk DFlex big bar adapter?

So I'm about to order my Pro-Taper Contour bars, and I'll need the big bar adapters for my D-Flex handguards... but RMATV lists two different ones. One says "Big Bar Adapter (p)" and the other says "Big Bar Magura Adapter (m)" What's the difference? Which do I need? What's Magura? The "P" is out of stock until May, and uh, I was kinda hoping to do this next weekend.

If it matters, the bend I'm going with is the Pastrana FMX since it offers an inch more rise vs. stock.

They are different part numbers... but is there a difference? Would I not be able to use the M with my bars? I'd rather do this now while the trails are closed from this monsoon we are experiencing than have to wait until MAY when the weather is better and I'm out of school, thus, riding every day.

Old 03-16-2009, 02:24 AM
1st Gear Member

You want the P for Pro Taper style bars. IMO, a better option is to use the Cycra Triple Clamp Mounts. It provides a stronger system and more room for control cables and brake lines.

Old 03-16-2009, 05:13 AM
1st Gear Member

Eh that's a bit too intense for what I need.

Will the Acerbis kit work?

What about this kit from over at MCSS?

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...andguards.aspx

I know it would suck having to order from two different places but that kit there at MCSS looks just like the Tusk kit over at RMATV. I just wanna get this stuff ordered ASAP, so maybe I can do it next weekend. Was hoping to order it this evening but tha tobviously fell through since its now after midnight

Old 03-16-2009, 01:36 PM
1st Gear Member

Not sure by what you mean by too intense. They are as easy to install and make for a very nice set up. You do have to get longer bolts from the hardware store as they are not supplied. I believe the KLX uses the front mounts. They are about twice as much as the Tusk brand but would make me 100% happier. When I had mine I got them from RM. Hard for me to tell but that Polisport seems to be specific for their plastic guards. Most of the Cycra, Acerbis, D Flex, Moose and others for Pro Taper style bars should work. Just make sure the mounts are for guards that are similar to the ones you have.

Old 03-16-2009, 05:17 PM
1st Gear Member

Well I'm not banging trees as 30 miles an hour, so I don't need the triple-clamp setup, that's overkill, and more money than I'd be looking to invest. The Pollisport looks identical to the Tusk one, so I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on them (and the bars) soon as I finish this Taco Bell. Thanks for all the help, AgoosSS