Turnsignal fell off!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 05:22 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default Turnsignal fell off!

When I went into the garage this morning, my Left Rear Tunsignal was hanging by it's wires. Upon investigation, the weld cleanly broke off on the mounting bracket attached to the rack. It was not from the turnsignal being hit or anything. Just from the vibration over time must have loosened the brittle weld. I was pretty surprised at how thin and brittle the weld was...no surprise that it fell off actually.

What do you think I should do? Get it rewelded back on? Should I get flushmounts? Do you guys recommend any certain brand?

Old 08-12-2006, 06:07 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Turnsignal fell off!

Take it back and get a new a rack. I'm suprised mine haven't broke off yet. From letting friends try my bike to me occaisionally putting it over on a hillclimb and my accident they're holding up better than I thought. My buddy is always putting turn signals on his DRZ.

Old 08-12-2006, 07:44 PM
1st Gear Member

Your post caught my attention. I too have noticed the crappy welds that hold the rear signal lights to the rack. The welds on my bike holding the lights are already screwed up. The paint has popped of the welds and they are rusting. I couldn't believe the tiny little welds they have on these brackets. It will be just a matter of time before one of my rear lights pops of too.

I would take your bike to the Kaw shop for them to fix,unless you can weld them yourself.

Nothing is perfect I guess. With that said there is certainly a level of workmanship expected by one of the so-called best bike manufacturers in the world.

Old 08-13-2006, 02:41 AM
1st Gear Member

There is a recall I all ready got a new rack from them

Old 08-13-2006, 03:12 AM
1st Gear Member

My turn signals have both fell off from broken welds I have just had them rewelded now they hold up well.

Old 08-13-2006, 04:05 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cmon6969

There is a recall I all ready got a new rack from them

Really? Do you have a link?

Old 08-13-2006, 04:18 AM
1st Gear Member

mines in the shop for its first service.. if there really is a recall i need info on it asap so i can call em monday and have it fixed b4 i pick it up [:@]

Old 08-13-2006, 04:29 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jsac

mines in the shop for its first service.. if there really is a recall i need info on it asap so i can call em monday and have it fixed b4 i pick it up [:@]

Please post and let us know how you make out. I just went to look at my KLX and the welds are so thin and flimsy, it is almost unfathomable that how a major manufacturer from Japan would allow something like that to slither out of the factory! If there isn't a recall, there certainly should be. Even if there isn't a recall, Kawasaki better cover this under warranty! Kawasaki is one of the least friendly manufacturers when it comes to warranty coverage according to multi-franchise dealers.

Not to cause trouble but all you guys that the rear turnsignals haven't fallen off yet, it is a matter of time...I mean go take a look at the incredibly flimsy weld. [&:]

Old 08-13-2006, 07:05 PM
1st Gear Member

i brought it back to the dealer thay oredered a new rack for me. While I waited for the new rack thay weleded it. there was like a 2 mouth waite.

Old 08-13-2006, 07:27 PM
1st Gear Member

im going to call them mon morn and ask them if theres a recall... mine is showing rust already... if there isnt a recalll theres not much i can do until it actually falls off i guess.. but its not that big of a worry because the bike is only a month old and under warranty.. ill post back as soon as i have more info

Quick Reply: Turnsignal fell off!