Tubeless tyre leak

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 06:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Edit- i forgot Neutech is Tubliss and thought i was describing an alternative. peace out

Last edited by tabitchin; 11-13-2010 at 03:08 PM. Reason: TNC seems a tad upset
Old 11-12-2010, 10:06 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by tabitchin
Bra I have the Tubliss on my WRf stock rims. System came with a glued rim strip (liner) that covers the back of the spoke nipples. Kind of like black, sticky, stretchable plumbers pipe tape. This gets additional squashing against the same nipples from the 110 psi inner-inner small, high pressure tube. Added some slime and i ride it at 10 psi in the dirt. If I had money to spare i would put them on the green machine in a flash but i don't. Great performance upgrade to the off road feel and traction that i like.
Anyone else riding tubeless tires?
As I mentioned in my post on this thread, I'm running the Neutech tubeless system...been running it for almost 1.5 years now. I'm on my second set of tires with this system and love the way the tires perform in terms of traction and tire pressure options. I've had no issues with the system. I run mine with DOT knobbies on an '06 KLX.

Old 11-13-2010, 02:57 PM
1st Gear Member

I also bought a Neutech tubliss last year for the front. Tried to install it two times when changing tires, but could not have it keep the low pressure. The second time I've been as cautious as can be, following the instructions closely, but no way. I tried putting some tire sealant, was still leaking. May be I did not put enough.

Do you guys use a sealant with this system?

Old 11-13-2010, 03:16 PM
1st Gear Member

Yes I used Slime Tire sealant- Were you able to get the wheel up to speed to spread the sealant around?

Old 11-13-2010, 03:21 PM
1st Gear Member

FYI, Trials bikes usually are tubeless, and have spokes. Learning to change a tire is invaluable. One lesson I learned is if it seems to hard physically, I am doing it wrong. There are some excellent videos out there.

Old 11-13-2010, 11:38 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by tabitchin
Yes I used Slime Tire sealant- Were you able to get the wheel up to speed to spread the sealant around?
No, I did not. That may be the missing part. Though Neutech don't say their system needs sealant....

How much Slime did you put there, a complete bottle?

Old 11-14-2010, 12:35 AM
1st Gear Member

Here's a Japanese site with a tubeless solution, pictures say it all..

http://www2s.biglobe.ne.jp/~outex/tubelesskit.htm

Last edited by Borischan; 11-14-2010 at 01:02 AM.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:55 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Borischan
Here's a Japanese site with a tubeless solution, pictures say it all..

http://www2s.biglobe.ne.jp/~outex/tubelesskit.htm
That's very much like some mountainbike tubeless setups. The problem with a motorcycle using this setup, especially in the dirt, it doesn't use a rim lock. Tubeless motorcycle wheels and tires have a pretty specific interface that maintains tire to rim integrity. The beauty of the Neutech setup is its clamping force with that inner liner. Some riders report actually finishing races on a flat...the tire not the inner liner...and not losing much in the way of handling. The Neutech has strong tire bead clamping force and a built-in rim lock.

Ray, did you use a new tire or one with some use on it? Most new tires will hold air quite well with the Neutech deal. I do use a sealant in the tire. I used tubeless Slime in the first set of tires and am using Stan's MTB sealant in the second set. Both have worked with equal success from my experience.

Old 11-14-2010, 02:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Isn't there some sort of sponge rubber ball setup out there somewhere? Stuff your tires with rubber *****? Nice to do away with tubes, be even nicer to do away with air altogether...

Old 11-14-2010, 03:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Borischan
It is in fact a tube, although I couldn't break the bead
Took it to the shop before I gave myself a hernia.
Put the wheel beside your bike on the kickstand side. Use the extended kickstand foot and the weight of your bike to push down on the bead....takes very little effort to do it this way.

Quick Reply: Tubeless tyre leak