Trying to sell my '07 351 in Connecticut

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 02:47 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Now c'mon guys...you need to bury the hatchet and get along like the folks in this pic...LOL!

But seriously, back to CL's post...it does sound a little high at $3000, don't you think, Larry? The big bore kit does add some value, but it never seems to pay for itself. It might be a little closer if it had a full suspension revalve to go along with it, as it costs a good $600+ if you paid to have an aftermarket outfit do the springs and valving. Larry, maybe some cosmetic touchup for the painted parts would help? Plastics are usually way too expensive to justify changing out but painting some of the "rough" areas might help.

On the other hand, I'm not familiar with the bike market and prices in the Connecticut area, so it may not be out of line there. But Larry, I think the appearance is really taking a chunk out of the sale value of your bike. One of the main things I did at the motorcycle shop I used to work at some years ago was to refurbish the used bikes and trade-ins that came in. We could often get several hundred dollars more in the sale price of many of these bikes by just doing some intensive cleanup and touchup on the purely cosmetic aspects of these bikes. Once I got everything in a good state of tune and repair, I would go after the painted areas of the frame and engine that had the normal wear and ding issues. It was amazing how much it improved the presentation of the bike. And I'm not talking about pushing junk out the door to take advantage of a customer...just getting the appearance back closer to its original condition. Frame and engine case paint can make a big difference when everything else is cleaned up.

CL, from your posts here, I'm pretty sure your bike is probably up to snuff in all the mechanical categories, but a little TLC and maybe a few bucks in the right areas will give it a little sparkle to a potential customer. I realize it's a dirt bike, but for the person fixing to shell out the money, a little appearance sparkle can make the difference...maybe more so on dual sport bike that is street legal.

Attached Thumbnails Trying to sell my '07 351 in Connecticut-gay-pride-parade.jpg  

Last edited by TNC; 09-27-2010 at 02:49 PM. Reason: add pic
Old 09-27-2010, 02:54 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Personally its too much, and I would pay more for a bike without the big bore. But that's just me. Cousin Larry, you should have asked for a picture of my bike to help sell yours. You could have asked 5 grand! LOL?

Just messing with ya man, if we didn't razz ya how would you know that we love you man?

Old 09-27-2010, 07:18 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by zomby woof
Perhaps I forgot the at the end.

My comment was that I didn't think the peanut gallery (of which I consider you a distinguished member), wasn't quite finished.

Maybe I didn't get the memo. Are you the only one allowed to post nonsense in the for sale posts?
I must have misunderstood your post. I do apologize.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:13 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by CousinLarry
hahaha... Well, looking back at all your "quality" posts, I see you're nothing more than a tool bag with no good or meaningful input...
LMAO

Hey good luck with the sale Larry. If you do "switch teams" make sure you keep posting on KF anyway.
Dan

Old 09-27-2010, 10:29 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
I would pay more for a bike without the big bore.
Really? Why is that deej? Even if it was professionally installed?

Old 09-27-2010, 10:57 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, it is a bit high to start, but doesn't everyone start their prices a bit high?! I did write "OBO" for a reason! If someone wants it, I don't even expect to get on the higher side of $2k...

But let's say I started the bike at $2,300.. Every poor chromosome-lacking idiot and their brother (*cough* Beardoge *cough*) with $100 in their wallet would be bugging me about it..
Since I put $3k, I will hopefully weed out the time wasters, and maybe get a real offer somewhere in the $2's.

That's why I started high.

Obviously no one here has any interest in it, that's fine, I didn't expect any. I'm sure if it does sell it'll be off the Craigslist ad I have up.

TNC, yes, I thought about dolling it up a bit. The plastics are the biggest cosmetic problem. Like you said, buying a new set of plastics would not be smart financially. The metal parts are not really that bad. Nothing much more than normal rub-wear on some parts.

What are you guys seeing that makes it look like a train wreck?!! hahaaa... I dunno, I just don't see it.. Maybe I just look at the bike for what it is, not how pretty and glittery it is!

I guess I'll just get the other bike and keep this one as a spare. Can't hurt to have a couple!

Old 09-27-2010, 10:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by FM_Thumper
Really? Why is that deej? Even if it was professionally installed?
I think it's because he's afraid of the extra power, so he figures he would rather pay more and keep his underwear clean!
hahaa

right back at ya DEEJ!

Old 09-27-2010, 11:46 PM
1st Gear Member

itsa nice bike, but yea 3000 is a bit steep

Old 09-28-2010, 01:03 PM
jxg
1st Gear Member

i have a friend who is looking for one for his son, and he is in RI. i will let him know.

Old 09-28-2010, 01:56 PM
1st Gear Member

I'm gonna be in the market for another KLX250s in February. My son turned 16 in august and I sold his CRF150 and told him I'd get him a KLX. He wants either an '06 or '07. So CL I'd make you an offer if it was February. Good luck.

Mike

Quick Reply: Trying to sell my '07 351 in Connecticut