Old 11-14-2006, 05:36 PM
Default RE: Tool Kit

Just ordered the Cruz Tool Kit.

Thanks deej.

Old 11-14-2006, 06:03 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Keep in mind the sparkplug and holder is not part of the kit. I added that.

Old 11-15-2006, 01:28 AM
1st Gear Member

Do you mind me asking which model of Nat'l Cycle Screen you have? I'm planning some touring in northern Japan next summer and it sounds like the screen will make things a bit more comfortable.

ORIGINAL: cwgoff

Tremor38,

The windscreen is great. I took it off for a little while because I could not get it quite adjusted the way I wanted to. With the crossbar on the handlebars and the Moose handguard mounts, there is a lot going on in a pretty cramped space. I ended up routing the clamps in front of the crossbar because I wanted as much angle on them as I could get. The more vertical the mounts, the more unstable the shield. That's the theory in the instructions, anyway. Truth be told, the thing is rock-solid in any configuration as far as I can tell. I was really worried before I got it that it would be vibrating or almost vibrating all the time. That is not the case at all. It is truly a part of the handlebar assembly now. Zero movement.

It does not come up all the way to eye level, so I am looking over it when riding. I find that to be a good thing because I don't have to worry as much about keeping the screen crystal clean. I am no aerodynamics guy by a long shot, but it seems to be directing the air up and over my head for the most part. There is still some wind, but nowhere near as much as without the shield. It is not dead calm though. If you have ever been in the pocket behind a tractor trailer (not recommended ), then you have experienced the dead calm that comes from being completely shielded from the wind. It is not that, but it is a huge improvement.

I strongly recommend this shield for anyone that is planning to ride their bikes in the cold & wet. The build quality on it was impressive at any price, but it was surprisingly cheap at only about $60 or $70 as I recall.

Thanks for asking.

Chris

Old 11-15-2006, 04:07 AM

ORIGINAL: tremor38

Do you mind me asking which model of Nat'l Cycle Screen you have? I'm planning some touring in northern Japan next summer and it sounds like the screen will make things a bit more comfortable.
I went for the National Cycle Deflector Screen DX (part #N2594). The mounting hardware is sized for standard 7/8" bars. They do have a model for 1" bars if that is needed. There is also a tint option of either clear or light gray. I went for clear.

I think you would be happy with the screen. I doubt I will take mine off until next spring at the earliest. I may keep it on year-round except for when I go off road.

Good luck with your decision.

Chris