Tool Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 03:45 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Tool Kit

How's the wind screen working for you? I was thinking of getting one before my next touring run.

ORIGINAL: cwgoff

Nothing overly new to add here, but I agree that the bigger issue here is that you are dealing with a dealer that is not honest with you on this little point. To give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he truly does not know, but someone there knows that they are doing something with all of this little tool kits coming out of boxes.

I would ask him what the two little holes in the fender just front of the rack are for.

Old 11-13-2006, 04:33 PM

Tremor38,

The windscreen is great. I took it off for a little while because I could not get it quite adjusted the way I wanted to. With the crossbar on the handlebars and the Moose handguard mounts, there is a lot going on in a pretty cramped space. I ended up routing the clamps in front of the crossbar because I wanted as much angle on them as I could get. The more vertical the mounts, the more unstable the shield. That's the theory in the instructions, anyway. Truth be told, the thing is rock-solid in any configuration as far as I can tell. I was really worried before I got it that it would be vibrating or almost vibrating all the time. That is not the case at all. It is truly a part of the handlebar assembly now. Zero movement.

It does not come up all the way to eye level, so I am looking over it when riding. I find that to be a good thing because I don't have to worry as much about keeping the screen crystal clean. I am no aerodynamics guy by a long shot, but it seems to be directing the air up and over my head for the most part. There is still some wind, but nowhere near as much as without the shield. It is not dead calm though. If you have ever been in the pocket behind a tractor trailer (not recommended ), then you have experienced the dead calm that comes from being completely shielded from the wind. It is not that, but it is a huge improvement.

I strongly recommend this shield for anyone that is planning to ride their bikes in the cold & wet. The build quality on it was impressive at any price, but it was surprisingly cheap at only about $60 or $70 as I recall.

Thanks for asking.

Chris

Old 11-13-2006, 04:38 PM

Sometimes complaints to the dealer are buried. Call KHM and ask or the TSM (Techcnical Services Manager) that is the title for the Suzuki guy Kawi must have one too, for that area. This would be a manager in charge of dealers within a certain region, they can have up to 80 dealerships in their region. Their job is make sure that the dealership is up to Kawasaki standards in all aspects, displays, service, cleanliness, warranty and technical issues. If he finds out about your problem there is higher probability of your issue to be resolved and he will look at the dealer and ask why they didn't take care of it properly.

Marty posted something on this line is that our complaints are not reaching the right people or high enough for it to be resolved.

I might look into this further at least for the Florida region as I know poor Sully is still waiting for his bike and the dealer is dragging their feet on it. At least that is the last I heard.

Old 11-13-2006, 05:32 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I don't understand why some bikes have them and some don't. Mine came with the stock tool kit, but I actually bought another kit at the same time as the bike, here's a picture. It's a Cruz tool kit.

Here's the stock kit.

Name:  Picture_0017.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  73.5 KB

And here's the one I bought.

Name:  Picture_0014.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  105.9 KB

Old 11-13-2006, 08:20 PM

Has anybody tried to adjust rear shock with supplied wrench from kawa-sake?

Cruz pack is nice.

Very well laid out too.

Old 11-13-2006, 08:32 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

you cant use that wrench unless the shock is off the bike... in the service manual they actually say to use a screwdriver and a hammer to break the lock ring loose....

Old 11-13-2006, 09:24 PM

The manual..... What manual?...............I knew the dealer screwed me too.. hahaha

I didn't take mine out. Hammer it was and ya gotta hit it pretty hard too, and careful not to bang up the threads on the rebound.

Off the bike eh... That makes sense..

Old 11-13-2006, 09:29 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

yea.... the screw driver came off on one of my hits... and i messed up some of the threads a little... there is no place to get that wrench with the shock on the bike....

Old 11-14-2006, 05:15 PM

Thanks again guys.

I am not sure I am up for making a fuss. I was going to put together my own kit anyways.

For clarification: It came with the bag, just no kit.

At least I know that I have to stay one ahead of these guys if I am going to deal with them in the future.

LG

Old 11-14-2006, 05:27 PM

I got a kit, yea its a cheap set... but its just for me to use in the field to at least limp it home.

Works great for pulling the mirrors on and off before I hit the hard trails/ride on my track.

Quick Reply: Tool Kit