Took a bikeless friend riding

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 03:11 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Finger Mullet
Oooooh yeah ..... that 300xcw is just awesome..and you can plate it...roflmao.

perhaps next year .... hope is what drives us to work, no?
Yeah, I've seen some people here in Ohio with plated KTM 2 smokers, lol. I don't think I could get away with riding around here on the streets in the metro Dayton on my KTM 2 smoker even if I got it plated. I think the spirit of the laxness of the laws of plating here apply to bike riding in rural areas,
if you can follow all that. They are like, "fine, ride your plated dirt bike from farm to farm, just don't push your luck by riding it in the city." That's what I'm thinking. Unless you actually get the full lighting kit put on your bike with all the other doo-dads.

Man, I can't wait to go riding tomorrow with all the dirt biking veterans that show up on Wednesdays where I ride. National Enduro pro Nick Fahringer usually shows up there on Wednesdays also on his Husaberg, he has a pic on page 13 in the July issue of Dirt Bike magazine. I only have 1 out of 6 Wednesdays off from work, and it is dry here (but hot/humid!), so I am looking forward to having a great day at the gnarly Dayton Dirt Riders trails.

I'll take the KTM this time. I took the KLX there last Wednesday after work, and wiped out on a slick steep uphill. I was able to ride it home, but something was rubbing against the exhaust and burning, I think I might have to take it apart to some extent to find the culprit.